How can users support Pale Moon?

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
noellarkin
Moonbather
Moonbather

How can users support Pale Moon?

Unread post by noellarkin » 2024-01-03, 11:14

Ever since I came across a video of Luke Smith (a youtuber) recommending Pale Moon, I've used it regularly (with LibreWolf being an alternative for a few sites). However, apart from donations, I find myself unable to support the project in any way. I don't have the technical know-how to be able to contribute code or help with bugfixes.
I'm sure there are many users like me who are rooting for the Pale Moon project to live on and thrive - - it seems to me that Pale Moon is the only remaining web browser that caters to power users. Chrome is..well, Chrome, and Firefox has been reduced to being controlled opposition. I don't know of any other web browsers that aren't Chromium forks.
Happy New Year!

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: How can users support Pale Moon?

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2024-01-03, 11:21

Spread it, help people in the forum whenever you can, so Moonchild and others can focus on the development instead of replying on easy questions.

Donating money also helps the project because somebody needs to pay for all the servers and for the developers.
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: How can users support Pale Moon?

Unread post by athenian200 » 2024-01-04, 14:30

noellarkin wrote:
2024-01-03, 11:14
Ever since I came across a video of Luke Smith (a youtuber) recommending Pale Moon, I've used it regularly (with LibreWolf being an alternative for a few sites). However, apart from donations, I find myself unable to support the project in any way. I don't have the technical know-how to be able to contribute code or help with bugfixes.
I'm sure there are many users like me who are rooting for the Pale Moon project to live on and thrive - - it seems to me that Pale Moon is the only remaining web browser that caters to power users. Chrome is..well, Chrome, and Firefox has been reduced to being controlled opposition. I don't know of any other web browsers that aren't Chromium forks.
Happy New Year!
Hey! I remember you from Reddit. It's nice to see you here. Happy New Year. :)

I'm glad you're still following the project after all the ups and downs. I would say the best thing you can do is let people know that we are trying to make the project more appealing to contribute to than it was in the past, and that we could use all the help we can get.

One other area we could use help with is documentation, possibly. And of course just general help for users regarding the web browser when they're unsure about something. Code definitely isn't the only way to contribute, though it is an essential part of the path forward for the project.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind