donation announcement

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

donation announcement

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2023-12-09, 15:12

Hello!

I donated 15€ per month to PM via PayPal in the past, but I closed the PayPal account because of their crappy handling of phone numbers.
Off-topic:
I moved out of my parents house and I used that landline phone number for two-factor auth.
The I moved out and got my own (VoIP), but PayPal refused to let me change it to that number because it is VoIP. The I closed my account there.
Is there any way to use a credit card (VISA) or normal bank transfer (IBAN) to donate?

PS: Using DDG as my search engine isn't acceptable for me anymore because they implemented censorship and don't even let users know about this.

kind regards
Pentium4User
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

The_Old_Mailman
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: donation announcement

Unread post by The_Old_Mailman » 2023-12-09, 15:32

I've set DuckDuckGo as my search engine, but it's likely next month I'll do a donation via PayPal.

I'd have done the donation this month, but you know, it's Xmas time, a lot of gifts to do and few money in my pockets... :(

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-12-09, 15:37

Pentium4User wrote:
2023-12-09, 15:12
Is there any way to use a credit card (VISA) or normal bank transfer (IBAN) to donate?
I would imagine VISA is out of the question, it's hard to process that as an independent merchant, and that's a part of why PayPal got so big in the first place... it handles VISA for you, because working with them directly is hard for small companies or individuals. There's a reason eBay had them as the default payment method for so many years.

If you're in the EU, I would imagine IBAN might be an option, since I hear bank transfers are inexpensive over there and allow bypassing the credit card companies? But I wouldn't know, I'm American. Other than that, there is the option to donate through Ko-Fi.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

andyprough
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by andyprough » 2023-12-09, 16:33

Pentium4User wrote:
Hello!

I donated 15€ per month to PM via PayPal in the past, but I closed the PayPal account because of their crappy handling of phone numbers.

It looks like you can do one-time or recurring donations with a credit card through Pale Moon's Ko-fi page: https://ko-fi.com/palemoon/

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2023-12-09, 19:42

andyprough wrote:
2023-12-09, 16:33
It looks like you can do one-time or recurring donations with a credit card through Pale Moon's Ko-fi page: https://ko-fi.com/palemoon/
I've used Pale Moon for a while now. I don't need to say how much I like it, so I won't even say how much I like using it. :mrgreen: I've been able to make a few donations. The last one was back when the coins first came out I believe. The only other time I've given any amount of $$ to a piece of software was back in the mid/late 80's, when I registered https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telix. In March or so, if the US government has decided to approve a SSI Disability claim I filed (actually the second one 'cause the first was denied 6 or 7 times), I'll certainly be making a recurring donation!
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2023-12-09, 19:46

andyprough wrote:
2023-12-09, 16:33
Pentium4User wrote:
Hello!

Thanks, that worked.
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2023-12-11, 06:17

If you scroll toward the bottom of Pale Moon's home page there's a "Donate" button where you can use a credit card. I did it several hours ago; it works. Nothing complicated about it.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.2 x64