Does anybody Use the DuckDuckGo Browser?

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
TwoTankAmin
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Does anybody Use the DuckDuckGo Browser?

Unread post by TwoTankAmin » 2023-12-03, 16:49

Right now I use P M as my default browser everywhere but Chase, Citi,Schwab and Prime Videos (it works fine to shop on Amazon). I have been using FF on thise sites and sometime YouTube because I have a FF Youtube ad blocker. I would prefer another alternative and am wondering about the DDG one. I have looked at Opera, Vivaldi and a few others and do not have them. DDG is me defauly seach engine in both browsers I have but I still use Google Search more often. I am not registered on Google.

There is one advantage to FF. I use AdBlocker for YouTube and see no ads there. When I watch the vids using P M, I get ads :-(
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Does anybody Use the DuckDuckGo Browser?

Unread post by Night Wing » 2023-12-03, 20:55

@ TwoTankAmin

If you do "not" have a YouTube account, you can block most of the ads in YouTube when using Pale Moon.

Go to Tools, then Persmissions. In the Persmissions Manager, left click on the YT address to highlight it. Then on the right side showing the information for YT, delete all the YT cookies under Store Cookies and Site Data. Then choose "Block" to keep YT from placing cookies when using Pale Moon.

Then under Open Pop-up Windows, choose "Block" so pop-up windows are not allowed. This will allow you to use uBlock Origin (or Adblock Latitude) and have it enabled for YT (or Adblock Latitude).

The above is how I keep the ads from playing in YouTube when I use linux Pale Moon.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Does anybody Use the DuckDuckGo Browser?

Unread post by BenFenner » 2023-12-04, 16:57

I have an account with YouTube and I'm singed into it on all 5 of my PCs. They all run Pale Moon with uBlockOrigin (base filters) and I still haven't seen a single ad on YouTube in years, including during this new apocalypse.