Tutanota recommends Pale Moon among other browsers

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Tutanota recommends Pale Moon among other browsers

Unread post by Mæstro » 2023-11-27, 17:29

My former email provider has noticed us fondly. Its list of recommended browsers is split into two parts: mainstream and alternative browsers. There are four in the former class, which is listed first; I am pleased to say that we nonetheless enjoy the top place in our respective class. Regrettably, the browser’s name appears in camel case sometimes, but the good word is still welcome. More outsiders lately seem able to recognise us for what we are, not just ‘outdated Firefox’.
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Tutanota recommends Pale Moon among other browsers

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-11-27, 19:56

Mæstro wrote:
2023-11-27, 17:29
My former email provider has noticed us fondly. Its list of recommended browsers is split into two parts: mainstream and alternative browsers. There are four in the former class, which is listed first; I am pleased to say that we nonetheless enjoy the top place in our respective class. Regrettably, the browser’s name appears in camel case sometimes, but the good word is still welcome. More outsiders lately seem able to recognise us for what we are, not just ‘outdated Firefox’.
I noticed they're referring to our extensions as "non-Firefox extensions," which is interesting. I wonder if that means a lot of people no longer know that Firefox used to use a different extension format, and now think WebExtensions with Manifest V2 is a "Firefox extension," while Manifest V3 is a "Chrome extension"? And forgot the original meaning of those terms... meaning what we're using is new to them, and they think we invented XUL extensions.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Tutanota recommends Pale Moon among other browsers

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-11-27, 22:08

athenian200 wrote:
2023-11-27, 19:56
they think we invented XUL extensions.
At this point unfortunately there's nobody else but us with UXP. Sometimes I wish the original creators of XUL would join our project. Also, given how Mozilla has totally disavowed XUL extensions, we may as well capitalize on it and showcase examples of things that can't be dreamt of with web extensions :D
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX