Pale Moon Ad Blocking Using UBO Not Working On YouTube Anymore

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
frostknight
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Pale Moon Ad Blocking Using UBO Not Working On YouTube Anymore

Unread post by frostknight » 2023-12-06, 14:31

The thing google fails to understand about their anti-adblock and their excuse of, just buy premium, is simple,

A: I don't want to be tracked, so even if the ads don't show up, its meaningless
B: They already make craptons of money why do they need to charge monetary fees in actual money.
I mean they do make money off their ads enough even with people who block ads.
C: People hate their invasive ads also because they are malware vectors, you can get hacked through them

and of course, why should we have to pay actual money to avoid spying malware or worse.

They make enough money, they just getting greedy.

Android is a perfect example of this as well. I mean... my God... do they really need to charge money for the data that is used on carriers? Not Google per-say, but its just so insane. Its like how microsoft charges insane fees for their operating system and it does many of the same stupid garbage that Google does.

These billionaire corporations need to fall for doing this shady stuff. Its a pity they are too big to fail though.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Favourite operating systems: Hyperbola Devuan OpenBSD
Peace Be With us All!
Also, say NO to Fascism and Corporatism as much as possible!

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2023-12-07, 08:56

frostknight wrote:
2023-12-06, 14:31
I mean they do make money off their ads enough even with people who block ads.
Time was when only power users knew about adblocking but in recent years online ads (not just Google's) have gotten so intrusive and numerous that the normies have also started blocking ads in enough numbers to actually affect revenue, leading to such measures. And people follow video content creators, not platforms - so unless these creators all choose to mirror their content elsewhere, you're stuck with Youtube (and AFAIK no one else offers as much ad revenue to creators, which is why demonetizing channels becomes catastrophic leading to several of them using sponsors - which further needs SponsorBlock to bypass)
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Sablesword
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Sablesword » 2023-12-07, 09:42

There's a short satire about sites objecting to ad-blockers, dating back to 2018.
Hi! We notice you're driving past our bookstore!

That's great, but you have your car windows closed. Would you mind opening your windows? We'd like to fill your car with wasps and locusts.

Now just one minute. Filling strangers' cars with wasps and locusts is how we pay our bills. Do you want us to starve?

We understand you may have had some bad experience with other wasp-and-locust providers. Some low-quality locusts got in the mix. But that's all been sorted out now!

Window. Open it.

frostknight
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by frostknight » 2023-12-22, 00:55

Sablesword wrote:
2023-12-07, 09:42
There's a short satire about sites objecting to ad-blockers, dating back to 2018.
Hi! We notice you're driving past our bookstore!

That's great, but you have your car windows closed. Would you mind opening your windows? We'd like to fill your car with wasps and locusts.

Now just one minute. Filling strangers' cars with wasps and locusts is how we pay our bills. Do you want us to starve?

We understand you may have had some bad experience with other wasp-and-locust providers. Some low-quality locusts got in the mix. But that's all been sorted out now!

Window. Open it.
[offtopic]Wasps... aye. I hate bees. Yellow jackets are a bigger menace tho, their easily increased aggression levels are disturbing. They get annoyed quickly. Not been stung by many wasps, but two thirds + of the stings have been from yellow jackets. :([/offtopic]

This being said, for me it'd be like letting horseflies into my room. Would that scare me? Semi, but more than that, I would hate it and would be on guard and I don't like having to do that!
Windows is to me, especially with windows 10 and newer being the ones supported, is more like the above mention you gave however.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Feelings are not facts
If you wish to be humbled, try to exalt yourself long term If you wish to be exalted, try to humble yourself long term
Peace Be With us All!

frostknight
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by frostknight » 2023-12-23, 00:51

To add to the yewtube website, here:

https://redirect.invidious.io/
Peace Be With us All!

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2024-01-25, 06:24

Daikun wrote:
2023-11-21, 00:48
Paste the following line into the text field: www.youtube.com##+js(nano-stb, resolve(1), *, 0.001)
Well, this script no longer works on my dad's computer. Have any adblock scripts been updated since I made this post?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-01-25, 08:29

Daikun wrote:
2024-01-25, 06:24
Well, this script no longer works on my dad's computer.
So the game of whack-a-mole continues.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2024-01-30, 19:22

Updating to PM 33 somehow fixed the problem.

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2024-02-09, 22:17

Daikun wrote:
2024-01-30, 19:22
...and it's broken again.

tellu-white
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tellu-white » 2024-02-10, 18:50

Daikun wrote:
2024-02-09, 22:17
Daikun wrote:
2024-01-30, 19:22
...and it's broken again.
I've made an add-on ( YouTube Mobile for Desktop 9.1 ) that works well for me. Since I've been using it (december 2022), no ads have ever appeared. Try it and see if it's ok for you.
01.png
02.png
Download link ( YouTube Mobile for Desktop 9.1 ):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9u78kfhe ... 1.zip/file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Enobarbous
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Enobarbous » 2024-02-12, 17:25

Off-topic:
tellu-white wrote:
2024-02-10, 18:50
I've made an add-on...
Can I ask you to create a thread with all your extensions? You have made several useful ones (for example, I use one of your zoom extensions), but it's quite difficult to find them on the forum (and almost impossible for new users)...
I am sorry for the use of auto-translator to post

tellu-white
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tellu-white » 2024-02-13, 19:51

Enobarbous wrote:
2024-02-12, 17:25
Can I ask you to create a thread with all your extensions?
Sorry to disappoint you, but I won't make a thread with my extensions. I considered this about a year ago but I changed my mind (for reasons I don't want to discuss here, to avoid subjective reactions).

Enobarbous
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Enobarbous » 2024-02-13, 20:08

Off-topic:
It's unfortunate, but I understand
Well, we always have a forum search)
I am sorry for the use of auto-translator to post