about:about

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
suzyne
Lunatic
Lunatic

about:about

Unread post by suzyne » 2023-07-19, 20:22

Being new to mozilla based browsers, I find about:config very cool and have used it to experiment with some of the garbage collection settings, as mentioned in another thread.

Anyway, while I imagine this is not news to long-time Pale Moon users, today I discovered about:about and mention it in case anyone else didn't know about it and finds all the extra pages interesting like I do.

I have no idea what about:checkerboard is for!
Laptop 1: Windows 10 64-bit, i7 @ 2.80GHz, 16GB, NVIDIA GeForce MX450.
Laptop 2: Windows 10 32-bit, Atom Z3735F @ 1.33GHz, 2GB, Intel HD Graphics.

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: about:about

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2023-07-19, 21:43

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkerboard_rendering

In this case, though, it's more about clunky scrolling, I think.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: about:about

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-07-19, 22:45

We don't use the asynchronous panning and zooming code at the moment which would result in checkerboard rendering if enabled. That page is non-functional as a result.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite