No menu bar after reinstall

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
GreatCthulhu

No menu bar after reinstall

Unread post by GreatCthulhu » 2023-04-24, 15:03

I recently suffered a catastrophic breakdown on my main computer and am rebuilding from scrach on a clean Win 10 Pro installation. Doesn't everyone keep a spare install disk in a back drawer somewhere?.

Anyway, when I reinstalled PaleMoon it had no menu bar. Booted my lapton to check I wasn't going mad (it also runs Win 10 Pro) and the menu bar was still there. Uninstalled and reinstalled the 32.0.0 version. Still no menu bar. Anyone have any idea why this should be?

Thanks in advance

GreatCthulhu

Re: No menu bar after reinstall

Unread post by GreatCthulhu » 2023-04-24, 19:11

Never mind, I found what I was looking for on a pulldown from the title bar. Not my favourite way of doing things but I suppose I can see some benefit on a laptop. So it is ironic that the one machine I have where the menu bar is still present is my laptop.

Wish it was an option, though.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2023-04-24, 21:09

Right click at top, then select menu bar.

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2023-04-24, 22:39

With Menu Bar hidden pressing 'Alt' will also unhide/hide Menu Bar as required. :)

Handy for those who prefer to reclaim the vertical space on smaller laptop screens.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2023-04-30, 15:22

I wonder if the OP ever came back to find the answers??

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2023-04-30, 16:05

ron_1 wrote:
2023-04-30, 15:22
I wonder if the OP ever came back to find the answers??
Their "last active" date & time is 12 minutes before your original response to them so ... nope.
Maxwell Smart wrote:Missed it by THAT much.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2023-05-01, 16:24

Nigaikaze wrote:Their "last active" date & time is 12 minutes before your original response to them so ... nope.
I suppose that's one good reason to try to remember to "quote" the OP when replying to new member or rare visitor questions.

Hoping that they have left their forum profile's 'User Control Panel > Notification options' set to 'Someone quotes you in a post' = both a forum notification AND an email... which IIRC is the default setting when joining the forum?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-05-01, 17:14

GreatCthulhu wrote:
2023-04-24, 19:11
Never mind, I found what I was looking for on a pulldown from the title bar.
Well just pinging in case. see if they come back ;-)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

GreatCthulhu

Unread post by GreatCthulhu » 2023-05-16, 19:54

Well, I am back. I'e been having various problems which have limited the time I can spend at a screen but I just downloaded the latest build and I'll give it a run over the next few days - particularly to see if it will now handle my bank ok. IUn the meantime, is it just me or is this build rather quicker and more responsive?

Oh, dear. It still fails to respond to the continue button when I try to make a payment (Santander). I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can generate any meaningful debuggining info.