Sites where PM has not worked for me in years

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
TwoTankAmin
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Sites where PM has not worked for me in years

Unread post by TwoTankAmin » 2023-03-26, 16:53

I try to use P M as much as I can. But since i finally moved to windows 10 (UGH), there are sites i no longer even try to load int PM because they will not work right or at all no matter what I do:
Chase Bank
Citi Bank
Charles Schwab

Youtube runs buts loads very slowly in P M, I get better sound when using P M but it runs faster and better otherwise in FF.

I have given up trying to figure out why the above it the case, I have just come to accept the fact that I cannot rely on P M to work everywhere so I also have FF for those instances. Since 1987 I have always only had a single browser. However, as I approached finally move to Win 10, I had to DL FF to be able to continue using some sites.

Thee odd part of this all is I use a lot of the same setting on both browsers and even similar bookmarks. I use different ad blockers but the same basic security software.I still do not store any cookies nor history for either browswer.
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sites where PM has not worked for me in years

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-03-26, 17:53

Thanks for sharing but... what exactly is the reason for this topic? Just to "share which sites don't work for you and are not even going to try again no matter how much we're doing to improve compatibility"? Or do you actually have a point of discussion or a question? :eh:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2023-03-26, 19:27

If this was a request for assistance or support, I would've expected it to have been posted under Browser Support or Web Compatibility Support. Since it's here in General Discussion, it comes across a lot more like a complaint than any sort of request for assistance or support
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2023-03-27, 02:29

TwoTankAmin wrote:
2023-03-26, 16:53
Youtube runs buts loads very slowly in P M, I get better sound when using P M but it runs faster and better otherwise in FF.
My experience is that the new version of Pale Moon is much better on YouTube now. The site and videos load faster, and the "Pale Moon (not responding)" message seems to have disappeared.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.1 x64

Eduardo Lucas
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Eduardo Lucas » 2023-05-07, 00:04

Whatsapp doesn't runs but it's an obscene web app with too much complexity. It used to be better back in the past.

person45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by person45 » 2023-05-17, 08:43

TwoTankAmin wrote:
2023-03-26, 16:53
Citi Bank
I use the citi website for my credit card, and it's been working for me.

Try changing the useragent to an older Firefox version for that site.