Thank you for Pale Moon (31.4.2)!!! Refreshing Change from Chromium based browsers for me

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
treego14
New to the forum
New to the forum

Thank you for Pale Moon (31.4.2)!!! Refreshing Change from Chromium based browsers for me

Unread post by treego14 » 2023-01-19, 20:22

Hello,

I was a Pale Moon some years ago, and because of various factors have not used the Pale Moon browser for quite some time (more than a few years now); primary factor is being on low CPU/RAM netbooks/laptops.

I now have a Chromebook and thought I would try Pale Moon once again after trying out Brave, Opera, and Vivaldi on the Linux Environment of my Chromebook.

I must say that while the Chromium-based browsers seem to have a performance advantage in loading pages a bit more quickly, I find myself endeared with Pale Moon's feel and cutomizability (if that's a word).

I am using a few addons UBlock Origin, Suspender, FireShot, MoonGestures, and Toggle Javascript (Enabled/Disabled).
I am using the LittleMoon Theme to conserve as much vertical space as is possible while keeping all toolbars open.

I have experimented with the Connections Settings a bit in about:config to help with page loading speed which has yielded modest improvement at best for that.

I have also installed a few bookmarklets for easy sharing of links to social media: AddToAny and GabShare; I like the fact that Pale Moon allows me to choose what mail handler to use effortlessly for this purpose as well.

So to Matt Staver (I think that's your name) and any others that might be contributing to Pale Moon the browser and its extensions and themes, I say a very heartfelt thank you ... I am having some good fun browsing again! :)

treego14
New to the forum
New to the forum

Re: Thank you for Pale Moon (31.4.2)!!! Refreshing Change from Chromium based browsers for me

Unread post by treego14 » 2023-01-20, 14:51

Not Matt Staver, but M.C. Straver!

I have switched out UBlock Origin for Adblock Latitude since it says it's especially geared for Pale Moon -- seems to be working wonderfully!

Lexx Diamond
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Thank you for Pale Moon (31.4.2)!!! Refreshing Change from Chromium based browsers for me

Unread post by Lexx Diamond » 2023-03-25, 16:21

Words alone don't seem to encompass my joy for the move from Chromium. I had not updated Pale Moon from version 29.1.1 for 2 years. Until recently when ran into a bit trouble with a website not working. Fortunately another member assured me my favorite add ons would still work after updating to the latest version. Now I am running 32.0.1 and everything works marvelously. Image

Eduardo Lucas
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Eduardo Lucas » 2023-03-25, 20:51

I'm very happy with the fact the vast majority of my workflow is now into pale moon (aside from whatsapp which is horrible and does not even run properly on non-mac webkit) and that it is about as fast as chromium.

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2023-03-27, 02:38

Eduardo Lucas wrote:
2023-03-25, 20:51
I'm very happy with the fact the vast majority of my workflow is now into pale moon (aside from whatsapp which is horrible and does not even run properly on non-mac webkit) and that it is about as fast as chromium.
How 'bout "Pale Moon," "WhatsApp," "non-Mac WebKit," and "Chromium?" Too lazy to depress the Shift key? Some of us are capable. Thanks.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.1 x64

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2023-03-27, 04:04

I would like to think that these types of posts are now behind us
YMMV

P.S: "about"
And if you want to use quotes - maybe consider using them correctly

Eduardo Lucas
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Eduardo Lucas » 2023-03-27, 06:19

van p wrote:
2023-03-27, 02:38

How 'bout "Pale Moon," "WhatsApp," "non-Mac WebKit," and "Chromium?" Too lazy to depress the Shift key? Some of us are capable. Thanks.
Off-topic:

If it makes you hard to read or you may have anxiety with the avoidance of non-capped words and letters, I'm really sorry. I would suppose this is Off-topic, therefore i would like to suggest the use of the Off-topic tag so i may know more intuitively the reply i was notified to read isn't related to the topic i originally posted. Thank you. ;)