Happy Holidays!

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Happy Holidays!

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-12-23, 16:22

Just wanted to wish all you wonderful folks Happy Holidays, and that you may enjoy celebrating whichever flavour of the holidays you celebrate, be it Christmas, the solstice (sorry, a little late for you!), Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, or what have you!

Even if you don't celebrate anything like that, still the best wishes for the new year!

The outlook for UXP and Pale Moon in the New Year is good. Thanks to the work by several people contributing some smart and thorough code we can look forward to finally breaking the dreaded regex wall in 2023 that has been such an issue for web compatibility, as well as the quick adoption of JPEG-XL features. A positive note at the end of a very negative year for me personally, in general, and I hope a trend that will continue!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Happy Holidays!

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-12-23, 18:20

Right back atcha, Moonchild! I look forward to Pale Moon's growing popularity and existence.
Image Image
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2022-12-23, 18:46

All the best to you, too. To all Pale Moon users.

:clap:

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-12-24, 02:53

Happy Holidays from me as well.

Health wise, my hobbies finally caught up with me, but after having a partial laminectomy (spinal surgery) on the right lower (lumbar region) of my back, 2022 will end on a good note for me.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

andyprough
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by andyprough » 2022-12-24, 06:20

Moonchild wrote:
2022-12-23, 16:22
The outlook for UXP and Pale Moon in the New Year is good. Thanks to the work by several people contributing some smart and thorough code we can look forward to finally breaking the dreaded regex wall in 2023 that has been such an issue for web compatibility, as well as the quick adoption of JPEG-XL features.
That's awesome news! Can't wait to try it!
Moonchild wrote:
Just wanted to wish all you wonderful folks Happy Holidays, and that you may enjoy celebrating whichever flavour of the holidays you celebrate, be it Christmas, the solstice (sorry, a little late for you!), Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, or what have you!
It's the best time of year for surfing for old Frank A. Nankivell magazine covers.

freedom4all
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by freedom4all » 2022-12-25, 02:48

Happy and Merry all the things! :wave: Peace and happiness to all, despite the world imploding.

tellu-white
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tellu-white » 2022-12-25, 13:14

Moonchild wrote:
The outlook for UXP and Pale Moon in the New Year is good. ... A positive note at the end of a very negative year for me personally, in general, and I hope a trend that will continue!
I am sorry to hear about this difficult period in your life and I wish you that the next year will be the opposite of the last one, so that the old year will become nothing but a distant, sad memory. All the best, Moonchild, and Happy New Year!