Palemoon trademark policy and fsf directory listing

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Palemoon trademark policy and fsf directory listing

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-01-07, 11:29

Honestly, as a quality consultant all of what Moonbat said should be part of your understanding of this situation. I'm honestly surprised it is not and that you express you don't see the obvious relationship there.
Then again, I may misunderstand what kind of consulting you've done.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Basilisk-Dev
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2023-01-09, 03:14

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd think all of the concerns/"issues" in the original post would be addressed by compiling with official branding disabled.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-01-09, 03:20

Basilisk-Dev wrote:
2023-01-09, 03:14
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd think all of the concerns/"issues" in the original post would be addressed by compiling with official branding disabled.
You are correct. but then they can't call it "Pale Moon" and that was the point. If they want to add Pale Moon to the FSF directory listing they either have to agree to a non-purist approach, OR provide their own name and branding, as I will not sign over my rights.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite