Pale Moon + Mica for everyone is great!

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Disil07
Moon lover
Moon lover

Pale Moon + Mica for everyone is great!

Unread post by Disil07 » 2022-10-17, 11:00

I downloaded an app called Mica for everyone, a program that'll force Mica/Acrylic UI design on various apps in Windows. I set the default style to be 'Acrylic', a remnant from Windows 10 with it's transparency, that usually only apply to UWP programs. Now it works on every app I launched in my PC, including Pale Moon.
Unfortunately when the menu bar isn't displayed (showing the blue PM button instead), the transparency would disappear & instead the white-ugly toolbar background comes back. Any suggestion how to force this? I'm sure this can be forced somehow, because Windows 7 can display aero too.
Debian 12 Bookworm - KDE Plasma 5.27
Intel Celeron N5100 - 4 gigs of RAM - 256 gigs of SSD

I can barely speak english, so bear that in mind when talking to me

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Pale Moon + Mica for everyone is great!

Unread post by vannilla » 2022-10-17, 18:44

The version without a menu bar is actually a borderless window upon which Pale Moon draws its own menu simulating as much as possible the default Windows appearance.
There is no way to force a different appearance unless you use a theme. Alternatively, just keep the menu bar.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Pale Moon + Mica for everyone is great!

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2022-10-17, 19:35

This topic has cropped up for several years now (on Win10, with Aero8 etc..). It's a non-starter for how the UI is drawn.

See Issue #627.