GMX.com-will not support Palemoon any longer

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Ivan75

GMX.com-will not support Palemoon any longer

Unread post by Ivan75 » 2022-10-07, 17:16

Greetings all

I have two email addresses at GMX.com. They are very good but getting miserably fussy.

Now to use pop email you have turn to it on and they do not like to support that but will if you turn it on. They like cellphones which I find a pain. One more thing I myself found out, I went to one of my accounts with them and a big sign popup or a page as I tried to log in, saying, we no longer support Pale Moon. Use Chrome, Edge and or Firefox I believe. That reminds me now, I removed edge from my computer as I do not like it, so will to put in Chrome now. I do not understand it, why will they not support Pale Moon. I think it is a great browser. They gave no reason why, nor did they give any reason why they will not support pop unless you specifically turn it on and I did. Maybe time for me to changed email companies. GMX is in Germany.

Thank you for your time,

Pastor Ivan

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: GMX.com-will not support Palemoon any longer

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2022-10-07, 18:01

Search is your friend. Already reported to the forum, specifically here: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=28855&hilit=gmx
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Ivan75

Unread post by Ivan75 » 2022-10-07, 19:07

Thank you, search did not come to me, I shall try and do better or stay away from the forum, I am busy most of the time, 75 years old, have the beginnings of Dimentia , so please be patient with me. Being dead perhaps is better than making mistakes and loosing all things.. :)

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2022-10-07, 23:12

Ivan75 wrote:
2022-10-07, 17:16
That reminds me now, I removed edge from my computer as I do not like it, so will to put in Chrome now.
I use Vivaldi as my secondary browser. I have found myself using it now mostly for streaming though, as I find a company or individual(s) that provide a service, yet do not 'support' my primary and preferential browser, to not be too much of a service..
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

frostknight
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by frostknight » 2022-10-09, 05:34

Ivan75 wrote:
2022-10-07, 17:16
Greetings all

I have two email addresses at GMX.com. They are very good but getting miserably fussy.

Now to use pop email you have turn to it on and they do not like to support that but will if you turn it on. They like cellphones which I find a pain. One more thing I myself found out, I went to one of my accounts with them and a big sign popup or a page as I tried to log in, saying, we no longer support Pale Moon. Use Chrome, Edge and or Firefox I believe. That reminds me now, I removed edge from my computer as I do not like it, so will to put in Chrome now. I do not understand it, why will they not support Pale Moon. I think it is a great browser. They gave no reason why, nor did they give any reason why they will not support pop unless you specifically turn it on and I did. Maybe time for me to changed email companies. GMX is in Germany.

Thank you for your time,

Pastor Ivan
Recommend disroot.org as one

The other one, if you want one in germany, would be posteo.de

But that one costs 1$ per month... so keep that in mind.

Others might exist, but yeah, those two are more open source like then most of them, on a privacy respecting level too I might add.
If it isn't broken, don't fix, unless you are a corporation, because that's the only way you can make money to the point where you can dominate the world in a megalomaniac sociopathic way that no one really wants that also heavily destroys the environment via data collection and wasting water

SMH...

If you believe Jesus is your savior, don't support any fascists, otherwise you are deceiving yourself.

I however, do believe in him. Don't let your pride blind you, lest you wish to be greatly humbled unexpectedly, as this will hurt on an agonizing scale