been away for a long time now have returned and am lost.

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Ivan75

been away for a long time now have returned and am lost.

Unread post by Ivan75 » 2022-09-24, 15:16

Hello everyone,

Iam a little bit more than lost at my age of 75 now. I been away from computers for about 2 years. I actually have forgotten how to actually use a computer especially windows 11. I am tired of it all now and sometimes wish over the last two days that I did not purchase a new laptop.

My question for anyone who cares to give me information or help in this, I have read many things about many browsers and none of these things were perfect and a lot of complaints about many of them. It has confused me greatly to say the least. But which browser is the best to have, I always relied on PaleMoon as I liked it a great deal, but many complain about having problems with it on Youtube. is this true or is it merely babble? I do not even recognize most of the attachments that could go with this browser. Tells you how much an older person can forget, and I was a technician and went to college for computers. Over two years it seems all has changed. I have to learn a lot of things all over again.

So, you tell me, and I will come back and read it, if I can actually find my words again here, I do not mean to put down any browser at all, but in time all thing's change. I want to use Palemoon and I know it has changed, and is the youtube thing fixed etc. Thank you very much or you time and understanding.

Pastor, Ivan

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: been away for a long time now have returned and am lost.

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-09-24, 17:20

For Youtube, I use the Greasemonkey extension along with this user script and haven't faced any problems.

Install Greasemonkey from the first link, restart Pale Moon, then visit the second link and click on 'Install this user script'. Click yes when prompted to install it, and after that visit Youtube to see the difference.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Ivan75

Unread post by Ivan75 » 2022-09-25, 19:02

Thank you very much for your help and information. This is a big help to me, I can have my Pale Moon back, best browser I actually ever had. You're a wonderful blessing to me. Again, thank you so much. At my age now, I hope I do it up right. Bright blessings to you and all here. Again, thank you. :thumbup:

Pastor Ivan

I must say, I am not impressed at this time with windows 11, sure has confused me. Everything is different and changed. But as with all things I will get used to it. :?

Ivan75

Unread post by Ivan75 » 2022-09-26, 16:10

Greetings,

I am sorry if I broke any forum rules, that was not my intention I assure you, I shall be more careful on what I speak in in future. Thank you, and also,the info MoonBat gave me worked excellently and again I thank him.

be well, Pastor Ivan

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-09-26, 16:21

Rest assured you did not break any forum rules, however, as a new forum account you are subject to a "moderation queue" for the first couple of posts you make. This policy is applied to everyone; it just means that a moderator will have to approve your posts before they show up publicly. If we don't do this, the forum would soon be rife with spam posts.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Ivan75

Unread post by Ivan75 » 2022-09-27, 20:54

Fair enough and I understand better now,thank you for explaining that to me, gives me a better understanding of all this now..

blessings
Pastor Ivan :angel: