Pale Moon and DaHua NVR

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
xeddog
New to the forum
New to the forum

Pale Moon and DaHua NVR

Unread post by xeddog » 2022-09-23, 05:22

I have installed Pale Moon for test how it works with my security camera system. The NVR is a DaHua model, but I don't remember the exact model. I think its a NVR52-16P-4KS2 and has 10 cameras attached. And it works!! Oh Wait!
I can open the NVR in a Pale Moon window and then go to Live View everything looks great. I added the first 4 cameras in the 2x2 grid, and all was good. But when adding the fifth, it overlaid the first. Bottom line is that I can only see 4 cameras at any one time. Is there some way to view the additional cameras on a second or third page, or expand the view to more cameras like a 3x3 or 4x4 grid? I have clicked, poked, and prodded everything that looks like it an do that, but no joy.

Thanks,

Xed

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon and DaHua NVR

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-09-23, 11:23

I think you should ask DaHua for support here.
Without seeing the issue first hand or seeing the page code (in an understandable fashion!) it's impossible for us to guess what might be going on or what the problem is. Potentially they are trying to make use of flexboxes in a quirky fashion? Many people greatly over-use it and not always with the best results.

Anyway, bottom line: I'm not sure we can help with this without having a setup ourselves with your specific configuration, to begin with, so it's best to ask your camera/software vendor for help in working out a solution.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

xeddog
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by xeddog » 2022-09-23, 17:47

I realize that the specific details were a little . . . sparse, but I was just hoping that someone might have used Pale Moon for this purpose and might have had some suggestions.

Thanks anyway

Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2022-09-25, 00:25

xeddog wrote:
2022-09-23, 05:22
Bottom line is that I can only see 4 cameras at any one time. Is there some way to view the additional cameras on a second or third page, or expand the view to more cameras like a 3x3 or 4x4 grid? I have clicked, poked, and prodded everything that looks like it an do that, but no joy.
What about the manual?
https://dahuawiki.com/Remote_Access/Eas ... _Setup_P2P
https://dahuawiki.com/SmartPSS/How_to_S ... creen_View