Mojeek (search engine) errors

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Mojeek (search engine) errors

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-09-13, 17:32

Not sure where search engine compatibility goes - so "General Discussion" seems safest guess (I'll bet I'm wrong - maybe "Browser Development" :think: except that it's not technically specifically THE browser so why I went with what I did....)

Getting "suspended: access denied" results due to "403 - Forbidden" error on all search attempts.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Mojeek (search engine) errors

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-09-13, 19:21

Works as normal for me...
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-09-13, 19:40

Using Pale Moon in "Safe-Mode" (w/ "Mojeek" set as the search engine):
Using Mojeek in Pale Moon using "Safe-Mode".
Using Mojeek in Pale Moon using "Safe-Mode".
Using Searx.org search with one of the alternate search engines set to include "Mojeek":
Using Searx.org with "Mojeek" as one of the search engines used
Using Searx.org with "Mojeek" as one of the search engines used
No problem however, there's plenty of alternatives (besides Mojeek) to use.... :thumbup:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-09-13, 20:29

Not sure what to tell you. perhaps your IP address was blocked for abuse? I mean, startpage apparently also tosses a capctha at you so neither seems to trust your connection... are you using a VPN or proxy?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-09-13, 20:55

Neither VPN nor Proxy - nothing has changed since the search had worked. In fact my laptop has been shutdown for the past 10 days since the time it had been working (due to hot weather) - as of boot-up (thanks to cooler weather) is when the problem started. Maybe some issue with my Network that will perhaps get resolved at some point (as of boot-up, one of two Tutanota Email Accounts, the other did not have any issues of any kind, started generating persistent undefined errors for no apparent reason that eventually self-cleared). -- thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

Addendum:
Moonchild wrote:
2022-09-13, 20:29
... startpage apparently also tosses a capctha at you so neither seems to trust your connection...
Yea - but maybe not so bad considering I've got 25 engines checked to be used in Searx. (perhaps "weirdness dust" builds-up a bit too much in cases where shutdown periods reach double-digit days i.e. maybe accounts for the additional one out of two Tutanota email account "weirdness" I spoke of. :lol: - in a "non-weirdness" world logic would presume that email accounts of the same email service with identical setups that are run on the same app would presumably behave in the same identical way, whether it be good or bad)

PrivacyDingus
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by PrivacyDingus » 2022-09-15, 07:45

Mojeek team member here; if you're happy to chuck us an email at aloe [at] mojeek [dot] com then we'd happily look into it for you - will just need some further detail that you'd probably prefer to do 1-1.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-09-15, 16:07

^ Thanks for the kind offer - however it appears this won't be necessary, checking the issue out once again just now, I'm finding everything appears to be currently working as it should on both of my computers using either Mojeek on the web as well as the Mojeek search engine via the Pale Moon browser.... the previous "403 - Forbidden" errors have thankfully self-cleared (just as the email oddity had previously self-cleared as well) so it appears all is well again. :thumbup: (I still get the previously reported "mojeek ( parsing error )" using the "searx.org" search engine but that's specific to searx so would appear to be a "searx" issue and I've noticed only occurs on Win10 for whatever reason).