Pale Moon swag/memento

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon swag/memento

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-10, 13:04

Well, I had planned to surprise all of you at the 12½ year anniversary of Pale Moon (which is this weekend) with making swag/a memento available for purchase, which would also help out the project with a small amount on top of recovering costs, but between the headaches of the cancelled v30, stress recovering from damages (still on-going) and now unforeseen delays shipping from the fulfilment centre where they are produced, I'm missing the deadline for it.

I wanted to do something earlier for the 10 year one but 2019 was a pretty bad year overall and it just didn't happen.

I'm hoping to get them soon, so I can show all of you what i planned to surprise you with on the anniversary.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Pale Moon swag/memento

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-04-10, 13:22

That sounds like a really nice idea. :) It's too bad that there were difficulties in shipping, etc.

I can definitely understand how all of this has been stressful. A lot of people wouldn't have persisted in the face of so many setbacks, so you deserve a lot of credit for pressing on.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hujan86 » 2022-04-11, 01:30

Man, I'd like to pay for a Pale Moon-themed giant mug (if there are any), if it weren't for high shipping cost since I'm located in SEA region.
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber

andyprough
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by andyprough » 2022-04-11, 03:53

Need red baseball hats that say Make Browsers XUL Again

Disil07
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Disil07 » 2022-04-11, 07:18

Maybe created a hoodie with 'wolf and blue moon' thing on it? Btw when did PM actually start (the exact date) and how was the development back then?
Debian 12 Bookworm - KDE Plasma 5.27
Intel Celeron N5100 - 4 gigs of RAM - 256 gigs of SSD

I can barely speak english, so bear that in mind when talking to me

josephd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by josephd » 2022-04-11, 07:36

Disil07 wrote:
2022-04-11, 07:18
Btw when did PM actually start
History: https://www.palemoon.org/history.shtml# ... %20More%20

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-11, 12:46

hujan86 wrote:
2022-04-11, 01:30
Pale Moon-themed giant mug
andyprough wrote:
2022-04-11, 03:53
red baseball hats
Disil07 wrote:
2022-04-11, 07:18
a hoodie with 'wolf and blue moon' thing on it
:lol: Woah slow down :) I'm just one person; designing something "as an aside" to celebrate an anniversary doesn't mean I'm going to have a fully stocked merchandise shop with clothing and what not. Of course I could spend the time to work with an on-demand service like Redbubble to make those things but that really isn't something I've had time or opportunity for.

This will be a lot more humble of a thing; small and easy to ship anywhere. Since I'm in Sweden, mailing stuff out internationally that isn't a letter/fitting in a mail slot is very costly.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Disil07
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Disil07 » 2022-04-11, 14:50

Then make a love letter ;), thanking user for using PM over the years. Or even better create a hand-crafted images :problem:
Debian 12 Bookworm - KDE Plasma 5.27
Intel Celeron N5100 - 4 gigs of RAM - 256 gigs of SSD

I can barely speak english, so bear that in mind when talking to me

hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hujan86 » 2022-04-12, 00:40

Disil07 wrote:
2022-04-11, 14:50
Then make a love letter ;), thanking user for using PM over the years. Or even better create a hand-crafted images :problem:
I was thinking stickers.
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber

astewart
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by astewart » 2022-04-12, 02:23

Embroidered custom merit badges. Small, light weight to ship (envelope size) and you can buy your own hoodie/baseball/backpack/whatever and sew on. Could even become a series...

Alan

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-04-12, 02:28

Since you already make digital art..what about Pale Moon themed NFTs ?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2022-04-12, 07:12

moonbat wrote:
2022-04-12, 02:28
Since you already make digital art..what about Pale Moon themed NFTs ?
Off-topic:
Considering what happens behind the scene when creating and distributing one of those things, that's not a smart idea.
Hint: pollution is just one issue.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-12, 12:09

While it's really nice to read all your ideas (aside from the NFT one, sorry Moonbat!) and I might consider doing more in the future as a generic "Pale Moon swag" thing with some of these ideas that are feasible, I was just letting you all know that the one thing I have made (details to follow when the copies actually get here) is delayed due to first communication issues with the foundry and now the shipping from the fulfilment centre being just totally stuck abroad with nothing to do but wait.
Off-topic:
NFTs are a really, really, really bad idea, IMHO. The only reason you would want to consider NFTs is if you want to transfer rights to the artwork to someone else -- and I wouldn't want to do that. Even if you want to transfer rights, you should just do that in a legal agreement, not through some blockchain building on clouds that isn't in any way enforceable.
Then there's the fact that NFTs are just virtual tokens that only have as much value as what anyone decides it's worth on any given day. Combine that with leaning on super-wasteful PoW block chains and people using pump&dump scams, and you probably get the picture why I don't consider this in any way viable. You like my artwork? Then ask if you can buy a print and have something actually in your hands you can put on your wall. No need for crypto scams, no need for "gas fees" no risk that what you "bought" is suddenly worthless or that you have an exchange steal your stuff, and above all no need to cast doubt on who actually owns rights to the art.

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2022-04-12, 17:36

How about the Chrome logo with the ol Daria Lipstick gimmick?
Attachments
DontUseMonocultures.png

Likestofish
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Likestofish » 2022-04-12, 20:10

RealityRipple wrote:
2022-04-12, 17:36
How about the Chrome logo with the ol Daria Lipstick gimmick?
That's just deliciously evil. :twisted:

Any chance of a brewer bottling a special "Pale Moon" run, not unlike a certain brewery of a few years ago that used to bear a verbatim label?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-04-13, 04:02

Likestofish wrote:
2022-04-12, 20:10
Any chance of a brewer bottling a special "Pale Moon" run, not unlike a certain brewery of a few years ago that used to bear a verbatim label?
Someone here has a userpic with a stylized crate of Pale Moon beer..forgot who.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2022-04-13, 09:10

Pity about the cost of carriage and, of course, the work in handling items. I'd really like a polo shirt with Pale Moon on it (I don't like t-shirts at all), but with so many sizes...
I suppose that if a good design were available I could have a couple made locally - expensive, but no hassle for anyone else.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2022-04-13, 14:48

moonbat wrote:
2022-04-13, 04:02
Someone here has a userpic with a stylized crate of Pale Moon beer..forgot who.
billmcct does. Makes me thirsty ev'ry time I see him post.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-13, 21:53

"Pale Moon" is actually an existing beer.

Figueroa
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Figueroa » 2022-04-14, 00:22

Moonchild wrote:
2022-04-11, 12:46

:lol: Woah slow down :) I'm just one person; designing something "as an aside" to celebrate an anniversary doesn't mean I'm going to have a fully stocked merchandise shop with clothing and what not. Of course I could spend the time to work with an on-demand service like Redbubble to make those things but that really isn't something I've had time or opportunity for.

This will be a lot more humble of a thing; small and easy to ship anywhere. Since I'm in Sweden, mailing stuff out internationally that isn't a letter/fitting in a mail slot is very costly.
Have you considered Cafe Press?
https://www.cafepress.com/cp/shopkeepers/index.aspx?page=make-money

You just upload your logo and they take care of putting it on shirts, mugs, etc. They do the shipping and collect the money, then send you your cut. I don't have any personal knowledge of them, but I have seen other sites use them with no problems that I have heard about. They will also work with you if you have your own site to promote your brand, but that's just for those that want to put more time into it.