Password store lost after upgrade

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
missmillie
New to the forum
New to the forum

Password store lost after upgrade

Unread post by missmillie » 2022-01-04, 22:57

Been using PM for years, my preferred browser.
I updated to 29.4.3 - 64 bit yesterday. Win10.

Now wish I had not - All stored passwords have 'vanished'.

On login to sites, clicking 'Remember' for passwords, they are not then shown as remembered, just blank - no list.

With my few extensions all disabled, passwords still dont store or show.

BUT the saving and reshowing works in safe mode, altho my original pre-upgrade list is not present , just the new test entries.

Some suggestions what to do?

MissMillie

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Password store lost after upgrade

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-01-05, 14:35

I'm assuming here you had not kept your Pale Moon up-to-date for a while.
The issue is that we've moved to a better storage format for passwords, which was handled with migrations for quite a while but the old storage format is now removed. You'll have to make sure to have the format converted with a "watershed" version to be able to use it in the new format.

See http://developer.palemoon.org/docs/profile-migration/
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite