Your projects are the calm outside of the storm.

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
smallhagrid

Your projects are the calm outside of the storm.

Unread post by smallhagrid » 2021-12-18, 03:25

And as such - very appreciated by this long time user.

So - to start with - Sincerest Thanks to Moonchild & all other devs for your fine works.

I am not any sort of coder - and most likely of the 'older generation' mentioned in the OP, here:
viewtopic.php?t=27682

All the brain-dead, chrome-ized baloney that has become so mainstream in recent times is just disgusting IMO.

My main, daily driver browser is Basilisk with a generous helping of great add-ons from the Classic Add-Ons Archive.

This is because Basilisk is fast, light & can be kept nicely plain so as to help me in viewing sites rather than all sorts of 'modern' junk aimed at folks who merely look at de pichurs.

I do use Pale Moon regularly as well because frankly it is the ONLY browser I trust fully to access commercial sites.

Another that is used here is Librewolf via APPIMAGE, mainly because it tolerates playing video content and other stuff that is really aimed at the hideous chrome thing - and being used that way it opens & responds quickly - then closes easily & completely.

It would be great if Pale Moon and Basilisk could be released as APPIMAGE files too.

Hopefully the upcoming changes mentioned in that other thread will not be too drastic such that end-users like myself are able to keep using these two fine browsers which we enjoy using every day.

Thanks Again.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Your projects are the calm outside of the storm.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-12-18, 12:04

Due to licensing concerns of dependent libraries we cannot provide appimage, flatpak or any other "packaged"/"integrated" versions of browsers with dependent libraries.
This is unfortunate fallout of GNU licensing being wholly incompatible with less strict copyleft licenses like the MPL.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

smallhagrid

Re: Your projects are the calm outside of the storm.

Unread post by smallhagrid » 2021-12-19, 19:00

Thanks Again !!!