The browser crashed, unhandled.

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
RexyDallas
Moonbather
Moonbather

The browser crashed, unhandled.

Unread post by RexyDallas » 2021-12-11, 02:03

So, my browser crashed, unhandled. I have no idea where to put this, so I'll put it here. It's not a specific bug, and I'm not exactly asking for support, just reporting it.
PalemoonException_Cropped.png
Fortnite also crashed before this, but probably unrelated.

The screen also turned black with a white bar on the bottom before that showed up.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: The browser crashed, unhandled.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-12-11, 11:49

Sounds like your GPU crashed which caused the browser to fall over. (potentially caused by the prior crash of your game making the GPU/driver in an unstable state)
I recommend restarting your system.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite