Truist Bank Does Not Reconize PM

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Truist Bank Does Not Reconize PM

Unread post by tman801 » 2021-10-12, 16:34

BB&T Bank has just merged with Truist Bank and I could not logon using PaleMoon. After spending 30 minutes on phone to be able to talk to a very helpful live person, I found out Truist does not recognize Pale Moon Browser. They do use the other browsers , Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox, etc. I had to use Firefox to open my account which I don't like. I filed a complaint about not being able to use Pale Moon for what good it will do. Is there a work around or does Moonchild need to contact them?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Truist Bank Does Not Reconize PM

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-10-12, 16:56

I'm a browser dev, not a customer. me contacting them will be of little use unless they need a specific technical breakdown of what needs to be fixed from me.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2021-10-12, 18:25

Thanks Moonchild.
That is what I thought. But it didn't hurt to ask. I am in a small town and it is the closest Bank without driving 15 or 30 miles one way. I will have to use Firefox for now. Maybe they will change if enough people complain.

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2021-10-12, 22:51

Update!!!
Just tried all three of my computers using Pale Moon and all signed me into my account. Maybe my complaint worked or I had to sign in with another browser first. Either way as long as it is working on Pale Moon I won't have to use Firefox. :clap:

Daniel Baran
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Daniel Baran » 2021-12-30, 19:53

I had a similar problem with my credit union a few years back (West coast of US).
Not too long after complaining to them, PM began working as expected.
Since it is a somewhat less known browser, we advocates have to keep poking where needed.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-12-30, 21:17

I log into BB&T (and now Truist) every month using Pale Moon.
Maybe they had a small window of incompatibility there, but all was working for me today and I never experienced an interruption.
Just posting to pass confirmation along. :wave: