Which architectural reasons make a single-process browser comparable in performance to multi-process

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Eduardo Lucas
Moon lover
Moon lover

Which architectural reasons make a single-process browser comparable in performance to multi-process

Unread post by Eduardo Lucas » 2021-07-30, 06:46

And why pale moon has such amazing performance without high GPU, CPU and RAM/Virtual Memory as chrome-clones and lookalikes (firefox), while having to deal with chrome-safari-only focused websites?

Sorry for making two questions which may have been already answered in the past. BUT i would like to hear very detailed and technical answers, if possible. My motivation to make this my first post is because i'm absolutely curious about this. Thanks and sorry for 1- being too verbose 2- english mistakes

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Which architectural reasons make a single-process browser comparable in performance to multi-process

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-30, 08:42

This topic is probably a good starting point: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17442
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Eduardo Lucas
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Which architectural reasons make a single-process browser comparable in performance to multi-process

Unread post by Eduardo Lucas » 2021-07-30, 09:32

Thanks! It's a pleasure to talk to you. Have been following you for some significant time even before registering, i thank you for bringing this browser to us along with other project members and for your good fight, i also find some of your opinions on non-pale moon related topics really fascinating.

I think i've either missed the thread or haven't grasped enough of it as i should. Reading it right now.