good bye PM

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Aiki41

good bye PM

Unread post by Aiki41 » 2021-06-22, 19:48

years, after years I use PM. A few days ago PM ask me about update. Then he start be useless.
We create own browser by years. Themes, addons, plugins etc.
Now PM is useless for me.
All my work is gone.
bye
PaleMoon R.I.P for me
Attachments
palemoon.jpg

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: good bye PM

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-22, 19:53

Yep so useless that, from memory, I can say half the pictured extensions have forks already and more may have them as well on the Add-ons Site that you obviously haven't bothered to check... Additionally, let's be sure not to talk about this page either.

Let alone the fact that this has been telegraphed since Pale Moon 25 and has been warned about for a few years now in increasing degrees of severity and specifically explained in a thread you started last year among dozens of others flying around this forum. Yep, let's ignore all that and just be suddenly shocked and appalled and just deem it all useless and post yet another thread about how triggered you are.

Cause that is what will help yourself and everyone else the most.. Right?
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2021-06-22, 20:05, edited 5 times in total.

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2021-06-22, 19:56

It has been announced and you should also get a warning before updating if you haven't disabled it.
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-22, 19:58

He knew all about it because he opened a thread last year when we changed from dots to a text warning. The Add-ons Site has search and I recently disclosed how to list all extensions on one page including added it to the Extensions Category page NOT TO MENTION the community has been keeping a page I created on DPMO updated helping not just extension developers identify targets to fork but users to associate what HAS been forked over the years. No fucking excuse...

But they would rather cry like a babybitch and soyquit Pale Moon.

Baloo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Baloo » 2021-06-22, 21:03

There are already tons of threads on this, this is pointless complaining with no basis as most of your add-ons have been forked. Please consult other threads before making ones like this.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-23, 00:52

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6089

I guess I'll have to make this a hard rule now (and bannable offense as it displays a total lack of mindfulness and respect, and since it won't matter anyway if people are rage-quitting already...) and not a request. People are obviously not going to use common courtesy, and insist on being as destructive as possible "on their way out", just because they can. And honestly we're all sick and tired of these kinds of topics being created that are totally without merit or point.

EDIT: new rule app.php/rules#rule-1i
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite