Customizable Homepage?

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
SkyPeppers

Customizable Homepage?

Unread post by SkyPeppers » 2021-06-02, 17:30

In chrome and such you can customize your homepage with you own images, I honestly don't know if its the search engine I'm using or what. If anyone knows and could explain that would be great.

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Customizable Homepage?

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2021-06-02, 17:46

Please specify more precisely what you want to change.
New tab page?
Start page?
You can configure the start page in the preferences menu.
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-02, 18:22

Well one.. He should take that green square out of his signature at once. It is obnoxious.

Two.. If they are using start.me then they should refer to the service for customization. If it is about:home or about:newtab then WYSIWYG. Extensions may allow further modification of internal home/tab pages but no such requested function is included inbox nor will be provided in the near future.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-02, 18:28

Not sure what's up with these questions that have obvious answers out in the open.

Customizable homepage? That is exactly what start.me offers. Click the big green button on it. make an account. tinker to your heart's content.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-02, 18:31

Or if it is an internal about: page find an extension. Still obvious!

SkyPeppers

Unread post by SkyPeppers » 2021-06-02, 19:33

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-02, 18:28
Customizable homepage? That is exactly what start.me offers. Click the big green button on it. make an account. tinker to your heart's content.
You can't add a startpage background to start.me which is the big sad

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-02, 20:40

I suggest you educate yourself about what you can and cannot do with start.me
You have full control over the page colors, backgrounds, widgets and more.
But as said before, if you have questions about that service, it's better to ask the start.me support desk and not here. They can help you with all details much better.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

shevy

Unread post by shevy » 2021-06-06, 09:27

> You can't add a startpage background to start.me which is the big sad

I work around any of this by having a local webserver and custom page that serves as an entry
point to my local knowledge base, but also other (external) pages. Not everyone may want to
do so, I get that, but I use this setup since ~2004 already or so, and CSS is available. I never
had a need or use case for start.me, simply because I would already control the "default"
homepage in that way.

Moonbird

Unread post by Moonbird » 2021-06-07, 07:11

You can produce your own HTML site. All colours are available. For convenience, open that HTML file in your browser. Then set it as home page (button in the settings "Use current pages"). Then it's like your very own gateway to the internet. You could present a list of links here to yourself (with beautiful images of course). I prefer using the bookmarks bar however for that.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-07, 20:03

Why ate we even having this kind of conversation. Just set your browser to restore session and never NEED a homepage ever again.