Stepping Away From Development

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Stepping Away From Development

Unread post by Isengrim » 2021-05-19, 14:58

As you may be aware, I have been on an extended hiatus from UXP et al. project development for about a year. Unfortunately this hiatus will most likely continue indefinitely; as such, I must announce that I will no longer be actively developing or providing support for my UXP-related projects. This includes the following:

Ambassador IRC Client
Reader View
Readability (toolkit component in UXP)
About Robots

If anyone wants to take on development for these projects, the code and issues lists for them should be relatively up-to-date on RPMO. I am not sure how to transfer ownership of repos on the Gitea server or add-ons on APO, but I'm certain that it is doable. (If you wish to continue development for one of these projects and want to credit me for my work, please add me as a contributor in the manifest file and/or the about page. While not required, it is greatly appreciated.)

Please contact me beforehand if you wish to continue actively developing Ambassador with the official artwork and branding. Here in this thread is fine. In light of recent events on Freenode, I will be removing the Ambassador channel and deleting my Freenode user account as well. If anyone is interested in creating a new channel for Ambassador on Liberachat (Freenode's successor), feel free to do so without my input.

I may continue to poke my head in from time to time, but my participation in the project and community will likely be limited for the foreseeable future. Apologies in advance, and thanks for your understanding.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Stepping Away From Development

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-05-19, 15:29

As long as you yourself are alright then anything you want to do dude. I hope our paths do continue to cross from time to time my friend.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2021-05-19, 17:53

All the best, Isengrim/Ascrod!

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-05-20, 01:38

Best of luck and thank you for your contributions over the years :clap:
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2021-05-20, 06:31

Best of luck and thank you for your contributions!
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-05-20, 07:37

Best wishes. You will be missed.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-05-20, 08:31

*leaves a steak*
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2021-05-22, 23:31

I am just glad that you are all right, Isengrim.

I was slightly worried when you seemingly stopped popping in entirely.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2021-05-24, 14:36

Sad to see you are leaving, any chance to stay in contact? :)

shevy

Unread post by shevy » 2021-06-06, 09:22

JavaScript also made me shy away from writing extensions (aside from my own inertia of course).

I guess if there would be more ways to write extensions - such as in ruby - then I would not mind writing, adding
and maintaining extensions as well. It's just that JavaScript takes a too heavy toll on the mind. I abandoned PHP
a long time ago for instance; my brain enjoyed that. :D

The IRC drama over freenode was quite interesting to read but I stopped using IRC years ago due to lack of time.
All the good old things crumble...

WiseWolf

Unread post by WiseWolf » 2021-06-07, 04:51

I was too new to notice he hasn't been around, but I wish you the best on whatever you decide to do instead.

Have a good one!