Browsing DeviantArt & Pixiv

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Browsing DeviantArt & Pixiv

Unread post by hujan86 » 2021-04-30, 04:22

Since Pale Moon slows down considerably as I browse sites Deviant Art & Pixiv for long periods (more so when I open links on the sites to new tabs), are there any settings that can be set either via PM Commander or About:Config or both in order optimize PM's performance for both sites? Or are the only option for me is to use Chrome, Chromium-based browsers or Firefox?
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Browsing DeviantArt & Pixiv

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-04-30, 08:36

I have no real issues with Pixiv.
Can't say about DeviantArt as I don't use it.
However I use the native user agent, so maybe I'm being served the mobile version?

Nuck-TH
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by Nuck-TH » 2021-04-30, 12:16

Don't know for pixiv, but aside from DA shitty coding, it is possible that there is also issue with WebSockets(which was hopefully completely resolved only recently UXP #1767).

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Mæstro » 2021-05-03, 17:23

Pixiv causes me no problems with the Native user agent. You may however want to consider Pixiv Moe, an open source, lightweight version of the Web site.
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

seadragon
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by seadragon » 2021-06-23, 21:15

I have encountered a problem on Pixiv that sometimes Pale Moon loads their images significantly slower than Firefox/Chrome, but the reason remains unclear. I will submit a bug report once I understand its root cause. Nevertheless, the images will load, and the site remains functional.