IMHO, Palemoon need not 'keep-up' with FFox, or Banking websites.

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
cosmo666

IMHO, Palemoon need not 'keep-up' with FFox, or Banking websites.

Unread post by cosmo666 » 2020-11-13, 04:18

Don't know if this is obviously true or not. I use Chrome when I have to. Same goes for Firefox. But I have a long standing library of add-ons that work great with PaleMoon, and aren't available in the planned obsolescence zone. Febe, TreeStyleTabs, TabSetSaver, MozAarchiver for example (at least as far as I know). Seems to me there's plenty of room for refining and advancing add-on functionality using 'XUL' (?) (hope I got that right). Also very impressed that PaleMoon drops into the MAC OSX hell-hole so neatly and reliably. (So does Thunderbird, to my surprise). When people invest time learning a set of tools, its extremely valuable to know you can take 'em with you, even as the target platforms become more exotic.

Nuck-TH
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Re: IMHO, Palemoon need not 'keep-up' with FFox, or Banking websites.

Unread post by Nuck-TH » 2020-11-13, 13:15

"Keeping up" with banking sites is usually not actual keeping up with them, but matter of general web compatibility. And i don't think that UXP shouldn't endeavor to improve the latter.
And for Firefox - is there even anything left to keep up? It is now close to chrome platform to gather telemetry and promote various mozilla services, which are not things to keep up to. UXP developers pull useful code and relevant security patches, but that's it pretty much.

And i don't get how extensions are even relevant to above.