PM privacy, in a blog ... CLOSED

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
bawldiggle
Lunatic
Lunatic

PM privacy, in a blog ... CLOSED

Unread post by bawldiggle » 2020-03-06, 02:02

While researchng which privacy extns to use I came across this blog dated 14-Oct-2019
[ Firefox Privacy – The Complete How-To Guide ]
  1. the author (IMO) offers very little tech advice (in the comments)
  2. the blog page is 25% blog and 75% comments, (2206 lines overalll, on this huge webpage
  3. pro FOX but then that is the theme of the article

https://restoreprivacy.com/firefox-privacy/

A comment by "Ordinary User" (web page search will find him/her)
»» Sorry to say but Palemoon can’t be considered a secure alternative.
»» It’s due to how they distribute their end-product by having external libraries (e.g. SSL) bundled
»» in their specific version that it works in their ecosystem.
»» Some of them are outdated, some may contain bugs, some are patched to work for them but
»» who knows what these patches break.

I am curious to know if "Ordinary User's" comments are fair ? Over all the blog (IMO) is very basic, very pro Fox and loaded with paranoia.

What did p** me off, was the bloggers opinion that Pale Moon is dated. What ever that means (¿)
PM is unique, easilly functional., not a clone, and I can tweak PM to my hearts content
Last edited by bawldiggle on 2020-03-06, 08:30, edited 2 times in total.
Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Palemoon; auto updates current version (32-bit)

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: PM privacy, in a blog ...

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-03-06, 02:30

Same old and insecure non-sense propaganda. You should be pissed. I will not read it. The mere report of it pisses me off.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-03-06, 02:35

I will not waste any of my time on this. It's already been explained many times over.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

bawldiggle
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by bawldiggle » 2020-03-06, 08:22

I withdraw my question.
But NOT with my tail between my legs.
I assumed I might be making a contibution, and maybe helping others discovering some inner workings of PM.

... I have read About the use of system libraries
And other significant threads + announcements ... 3 hours of reading this afternoon.
It is just as complex as my PHD in applied Physics (plus 2 other degrees)
... now all lost following radiation treatment to my head plus 2 strokes, in the last 14 years
See my profile ...

At almost 75 I am not interested in the conquering life, but living it; hopefully making a difference each day.
Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Palemoon; auto updates current version (32-bit)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PM privacy, in a blog ... CLOSED

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-03-06, 11:00

It's just a waste of time repeating it over and over. Maybe those "ordinary users" have all day to go and comment semi anonymously with their rhetoric but we don't. Your question is valid but its pointless to rediscuss it here where nobody but us will see it anyway.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2020-06-27, 08:30

bawldiggle wrote:
2020-03-06, 02:02
the bloggers opinion that Pale Moon is dated. What ever that means (¿)
They probably mean that it doesn't play into 2010s sensibilities about the way that browsers ought to look and interface with the user. This is a laugh, of course, because the moment that Firefox and Pale Moon began to significantly take incredibly different directions was around the time that Australis came about.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2020-06-28, 16:55

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-03-06, 02:30
Same old and insecure non-sense propaganda. You should be pissed. I will not read it. The mere report of it pisses me off.
Since I don't recall seeing this topic and since it was just resurrected, I have to say that I whole heartily agree. And I was pissed and just shook my head. Comments like that just goes to show you how many low IQ people there are in the world. It's analogous to how all the Google Recapthca fan boys were pissing and moaning on CloudFlare about the use of Hcaptcha. All because they were used to a browser (Chrome or Firefox) letting them solve Recaptcha so easily because in fact they allowed Google to craw up inside their rectum. Now they have to REALLY solve a captcha and they don't like it. Well I say welcome to the club. But in a Pale Moon user's experience you can't even solve a Recpatcha. At least I can't. That's why I say you have to let Google up inside your rectum. So with Pale Moon you have to stay logged into your Google account. No thanks.

To summarize here. The mainstream browser users are pretty much downplaying that which they don't understand and it comes from a low IQ stand point. That in my opinion is what's so wrong with the world today. Stupid people. :roll:

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2020-06-28, 16:57

Tharthan wrote:
2020-06-27, 08:30
bawldiggle wrote:
2020-03-06, 02:02
the bloggers opinion that Pale Moon is dated. What ever that means (¿)
They probably mean that it doesn't play into 2010s sensibilities about the way that browsers ought to look and interface with the user. This is a laugh, of course, because the moment that Firefox and Pale Moon began to significantly take incredibly different directions was around the time that Australis came about.
The way most browsers have been shaped and modded withen the last ten years or better is nothing short of grotesque. I found it very hard to find an alternative that just made sense until I finally found Pale Moon talked about on Anandtech some time in 2014/2015.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-06-29, 06:15

Off-topic:
John connor wrote:
2020-06-28, 16:55
The mainstream browser users are pretty much downplaying that which they don't understand and it comes from a low IQ stand point
Weren't you just telling another user in a different thread that they didn't need to understand anything? :think:
Last edited by Admin on 2020-06-29, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2020-06-29, 23:16

Apples to pineapples my humble K9. :lol: