Whatsapp web thinks I'm using Chrome on Windows?

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Protegent

Whatsapp web thinks I'm using Chrome on Windows?

Unread post by Protegent » 2019-11-18, 15:17

I'm using whatsapp web on my pc (Linux, Palemoon 28). I wouldn't be that surprised if it showed Firefox, but what it has to do with Chrome?

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Whatsapp web thinks I'm using Chrome on Windows?

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-11-18, 17:58

There is an user agent ovveride for the whatsapp site.
This means that Pale Moon is faking itself as a different browser so that the website doesn't break.

hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Whatsapp web thinks I'm using Chrome on Windows?

Unread post by hujan86 » 2019-11-20, 08:08

Protegent wrote:
2019-11-18, 15:17
I'm using whatsapp web on my pc (Linux, Palemoon 28). I wouldn't be that surprised if it showed Firefox, but what it has to do with Chrome?
WhatsApp Web won't load if it detects browsers other than Chrome, FF and Microsoft's. The user agent override is necessary.
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber