Positive PR, finally! (Add more if you find them)

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Positive PR, finally! (Add more if you find them)

Unread post by gepus » 2019-11-06, 11:00

Moonchild wrote:
2019-11-06, 06:36
If they don't know how to go through the paces to research subjects then a short course in journalism practices might be a good idea since that will present this kind of researching in easy to digest ways.
I'm afraid that a course in journalism, be it short or with an university degree won't help.
Investigative journalism is not desired and as good as dead. Today's journalists are opinion makers serving the interests of their employers.
Our mainstream media controlling 90% of the market is the best proof for it.
F22 Simpilot wrote:
2019-11-06, 08:37
Speaking of Wikipedia. I have the whole thing on Blu-ray M-Disc. I update it every so often and it's my wish to have those discs set inside my coffin.
Be aware, the once promising Wikipedia-project degenerated to just another source for pushing someone's agenda.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2019-11-06, 18:38

Moonchild wrote:
2019-11-06, 06:36
I think it's not about IQ or general education, so coming at it from that angle is a bit harsh, but the problem is most people don't know how to do proper research before writing their articles.
Off-topic:
Yes, you are right. You are more right than I was. I wrote that because of the way I felt (angry), but it's true a lot of people can't do proper reasoning. They have what I call an "economic mind". Arguing with such people on a daily basis is what agitates me.

Sorry, this thread seems to have derailed into something about responsible journalism.

THX-1139
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by THX-1139 » 2019-11-08, 00:16

Here is a video I ran across the other day on YT, he also just made one on Basilisk that I have yet to view (soon).
Good in depth review imo.
A look at the Pale Moon web browser - Battle of the browsers- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjYchhi2Ek
Edit: Actually just noticed this is 8 months old...still a decent review.
Pale Moon 32.5.0 (64) Win7 pro (64) Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz-16 GB DDR3

"The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove they're not a robot."

"Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health." ~Carl Jung

Andrew Herbert

Unread post by Andrew Herbert » 2019-12-21, 17:08

Not Pale Moon, but another UXP browser:
https://www.gnu.org/

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-12-21, 17:46

Andrew Herbert wrote:
2019-12-21, 17:08
Not Pale Moon, but another UXP browser:
https://www.gnu.org/
Which one?
GNU is a rather large project with many programs under it, you know.

Andrew Herbert

Unread post by Andrew Herbert » 2019-12-21, 20:00

Iceweasel-UXP, it's in the screenshot of Hyperbola

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-12-22, 02:12

It only works with Hyperbola though, it's not a generic build.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-22, 14:30

Linking to GNU in this context is the same as linking to Microsoft for Pale Moon just because it happens to run on Windows ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-01-31, 15:05

https://maddownload.com/internet/browsers/pale-moon/ seems to have a pretty decent opinion of Pale Moon, although it's coming on rather strong with the "it's bare bones and stripped down" statements as if it would be unusable without extensions (which isn't the case), but eh, opinions are opinions ;-)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite