r/firefox is spreading disinformation about Pale Moon

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: r/firefox is spreading disinformation about Pale Moon

Unread post by Tharthan » 2022-12-09, 03:45

Off-topic:
jez9999 wrote:
2022-12-05, 10:10
it's a dreadful site. I hope it dies.
I would rather Twitter and Facebook go away first instead of Reddit.

If Reddit's design and style were to be the reference point for any new, ambitious community platform designers, I at least wouldn't feel like I need to pull my hair out and scream.

Just look at how much sewage Twitter and Facebook have injected into the Internet ecosystem. "Hashtags," for instance. Even websites like YouTube and DeviantArt are using the blasted things now. And you even see them physically printed on signs offline, nowadays.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-12-09, 16:22

Off-topic:
jez9999 wrote:
2022-12-05, 10:10
It's not a lack of control, it's extreme censorious liberals controlling everything.
dbsoft wrote:
2022-12-08, 22:15
refrain from bringing clearly incorrect political bias into things?
I don't even care if it's correct or incorrect, gaslighting or otherwise. Please check political opinion at the door, and avoid labelling things in discussion topics with being politically driven or related, thanks. Fine if you think that, just don't make polarizing posts in that field and keep it to yourself. Not the right place for this.
Off-topic:
Tharthan wrote:
2022-12-09, 03:45
I would rather Twitter and Facebook go away first instead of Reddit.
Both of those are on a slippery slope at the moment, as far as I understood. So you may get your wish.
"The best revenge is to not be like the person who wronged you." -- Marcus Aurelius
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

dbsoft
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by dbsoft » 2022-12-10, 08:03

I actually find Facebook slightly useful in keeping contact with family members, but I find very little value in reddit or twitter personally.