Grant money to non-mainstream projects

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
person45
Moon lover
Moon lover

Grant money to non-mainstream projects

Unread post by person45 » 2022-08-18, 01:51

FUTO is a new organization in Texas that is giving out grant money to people who are working on giving back control to the consumer.

I don't know if Pale Moon would qualify. I think it can be presented as an alternative browser to Chrome/Edge/Firefox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUADlRK4e1U&t=8m49s

Louis Rossmann talks about it at the end of the video.

Here's the email address: grants@futo.org

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Grant money to non-mainstream projects

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2022-08-18, 01:59

Their official site uses one of my favorite Dune quotes across the bottom of every page:
Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Grant money to non-mainstream projects

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-08-18, 07:12

I'm not sure if we'd qualify, but you're free to tip them off about our existence, either way! I think it'd fall under their "Legendary grants" programme if anything.
Lord knows the project could use some help/exposure in a positive light let alone options to attract more developers to contribute.
"The best revenge is to not be like the person who wronged you." -- Marcus Aurelius
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb