Facebook Woes...

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
jshawley
Moongazer
Moongazer

Facebook Woes...

Unread post by jshawley » 2021-08-01, 19:06

Good afternoon. "What's On Your Mind?" I can fill that out using my laptop, and it goes through.
However, if I wish to reply to someone else's thread, typing yields nothing at all--unless I first insert an emoji. (And then it doesn't quite work as it used to.)

Of note: Facebook works perfectly on Firefox. So this is unique to Pale Moon. Something new happen?

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Facebook Woes...

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-08-01, 21:41

Use search for more info..facebook is a big pain in the ass.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

jshawley
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by jshawley » 2021-08-02, 02:11

Hmmm. I tried to search "Facebook", but mine is the only question that it finds. Don't know what else to look for. ;)

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-08-02, 03:27

jshawley wrote:
2021-08-02, 02:11
Hmmm. I tried to search "Facebook", but mine is the only question that it finds. Don't know what else to look for. ;)
You must have used 'search this topic' instead of the global search.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

shevy
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by shevy » 2021-08-18, 19:50

The Facebook UI was always particularly annoying back when I used Facebook (I only did so for a specific
education-related thing, and then deleted my profile when that finished; in hindsight I should not even
have done that either). I have had issues with facebook on firefox as well. But a lot of this has more
to do with facebook really and their clown UI. I am using a new webmail interface, for instance, and
that just works perfectly fine on palemoon too. I wonder how much deliberate incompaibility is used,
a bit like planned obsolence in regards to hardware, as strategy against the right-to-repair movement ...
though perhaps not as obvious.

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-08-18, 20:11

We've been discussing this ongoing issue for weeks here: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=26963

There should be no need for this thread to continue. Reply there instead.