Should I introduce Pale Moon to my furry friends?

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
seadragon
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Should I introduce Pale Moon to my furry friends?

Unread post by seadragon » 2021-06-23, 20:25

As the title says...

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Should I introduce Pale Moon to my furry friends?

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2021-06-23, 20:28

Why not?
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-23, 20:46

Furrys as a general rule are gross.

seadragon
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by seadragon » 2021-06-23, 20:51

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-06-23, 20:46
Furrys as a general rule are gross.
On the other hand, I'm sure that Mr. Moonchild is adorable.

I have some respectable furry developer friends; I will try to ask if there are any of them interested in this project...

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-06-23, 23:14

Pentium4User wrote:
2021-06-23, 20:28
Why not?
I second this sentiment.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-06-24, 07:35

Why furries specifically? It's just a web browser, not a lifestyle and has nothing to do with your personality/lifestyle preferences. I'm sure furries can appreciate Pale Moon for what it is just like anyone else.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-24, 10:05

I'm not so sure about that.

WiseWolf

Unread post by WiseWolf » 2021-06-24, 23:12

moonbat wrote:
2021-06-24, 07:35
Why furries specifically? It's just a web browser, not a lifestyle and has nothing to do with your personality/lifestyle preferences. I'm sure furries can appreciate Pale Moon for what it is just like anyone else.
This is a good way to think, also for those who think furries are gross, Moonchild is one after all... ;)

Though I assume Tobin you meant that as a general rule, not all of them.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-24, 23:42

Is he though?

seadragon
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by seadragon » 2021-06-25, 04:00

Yes he is. (I thought everybody here knows that)

https://www.moonchildproductions.info/art.shtml
Anthropomorphic art is art depicting characters that are a mix of the human animal and other species in looks and demeanor - Upright walking animals like in fables, mythical creatures like werewolves, lizardmen, and the likes. Most of these can be found in the realm of fantasy illustrations and the ever growing "Furry" community, which is, despite the bad press highlighting some extremists, a friendly, open community with a lot of creative souls in it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-25, 08:20

I am most definitely not a "furry lifestyler".

My statement there also talks only about anthropomorphic art and where it can be found, and I took the time to try and relay some of my experiences with the fellow artists in that community and countering the ridiculously bad press some extremists had gotten tainting the entire community (even if very true for those individuals). If you want to equate me being an anthro artist and generally interested in such art (and other themes like werewolves and fantasy creatures) as being a "furry" then by that definition I guess I am. But then so is half the Disney staff who worked on titles with anthropomorphised animals or anyone writing fables or doing werewolf movies and stories ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2021-06-25, 22:07

I actually agree that a real concern with a huge influx of furries is that they tend to... how do I put this?

I have noticed, generally, that many furries have a tendency to obnoxiously dominate the things/areas that they take interest in. Over time, it can lead to incredible frustration for literally everyone else.

That's the only concern, I would say. If people stay properly behaved, are not obsessive, and don't gush about disgusting stuff, then I couldn't imagine what problem there could possibly be.

But as far as I am aware, those three issues tend to—almost without fail—come up following a mass influx of individuals from that community. Of course, those issues can come up on an individual level with just about anyone. But on a community level, those issues tend to pop up with furries more than is usual.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-25, 22:38

I think you're generalising there about the vocal minority that isn't representative of furries in general. it's just the scum that floats to the top and is the most visible because, frankly, those kinds of people want the limelight, regardless of what group they are in.
Don't get me wrong, despite me not having an issue with furries in general, that kind of behaviour annoys the hell out of me too and no I'm no more lenient to them just because they stuck a label on themselves ;-)

Given, furry lifestylers do have some special rules of engagement, but the same can be said about any deviant community, whether it be furries, trekkies, people head over heels into manga, or to name a more historical similar group, hippies (although that's probably something from before most of you). Understand those rules and especially the "don'ts" and you'd probably get along just fine with just about all of them without frustration or damage either side. IMHO.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

seadragon
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by seadragon » 2021-06-26, 07:21

BTW: Mr. Moonchild has a short entry on WikiFur.com. It seems that the furry community admire him.
He also maintains the Pale Moon web browser, a browser intended for furfriends of all shapes and sizes. Your Browser, Your Way!

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-26, 14:43

Yeah and at the same time others use Moonchild's alleged furryism as a way to discriminate against us all when attacks against myself prove less than successful.

So let my revise my earlier statement: As a general rule, people are gross.

Also, this very public thread will be used in that manner.. So thanks for that.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-06-26, 15:13

Hmm well i do occasionally allow my stubble to grow on my face,does this count as a "furry" :D
Not a term i am familiar with and hardly ever here it in common parlance here in the uk.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-06-26, 15:26

I'll let you discover what it means on Urban DIctionary.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-06-26, 15:49

moonbat wrote:
2021-06-26, 15:26
I'll let you discover what it means on Urban DIctionary.
Thanks moonbat.I could of looked the term up myself but maybe i should of remained ignorant as i now cannot unread what i just read.

Must be that lycanthropic instinct in most of us i suppose. ;)
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2021-06-26, 20:25

Moonraker wrote:
2021-06-26, 15:13
Not a term i am familiar with
Even to me the term was unknown until I looked it up (a translation in my native language as "pelosi" is recently been used in Italy to refer to pets(*) (I would say mainly dogs & cats, or anyhow mammals, I doubt a parrot or a snake or a red fish could be defined "furry") I thought the OP meant to let its cat to walk on its keyboard :D
(*) also the term "pets" in Engish has recently entered usage here, before we used "animali domestici" (domestic animals). Most still do.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

WiseWolf

Unread post by WiseWolf » 2021-06-28, 14:25

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-25, 08:20
I am most definitely not a "furry lifestyler".

My statement there also talks only about anthropomorphic art and where it can be found, and I took the time to try and relay some of my experiences with the fellow artists in that community and countering the ridiculously bad press some extremists had gotten tainting the entire community (even if very true for those individuals). If you want to equate me being an anthro artist and generally interested in such art (and other themes like werewolves and fantasy creatures) as being a "furry" then by that definition I guess I am. But then so is half the Disney staff who worked on titles with anthropomorphised animals or anyone writing fables or doing werewolf movies and stories ;)

I didn't realize you weren't a furry, my bad...