This is a major release with new features and bugfixes.
New Features and Changes
- Added support for IRCv3 Strict Transport Security. Unencrypted connections to servers that support STS will automatically switch to a secure connection.
- Added handling for SASL numerics 907 (already authenticated error) and 908 (SASL mechanism list).
- Added support for IRCv3 message tags, including account-tag, server-time and TAGMSG.
- Added support for IRCv3 batches, including netsplit, netjoin, and chathistory batch types.
- Added support for self messages, allowing greater usability with bouncers.
- Added WHOX support.
- Added collapsible message groups, and added a test for it to the output of the "testdisplay" command.
- Updated the default networks list.
- Standalone: Updated the Twemoji font to 0.4.0.
- Standalone: Updated platform to UXP 4.3.0 (Pale Moon 28.6.1).
- Fixed several behaviors with IRCv3 capability negotiation.
- Fixed an issue with handling NAMES replies without user host information.
- Fixed a regression with sending messages in DCC chat.
- Fixed code display for monitor on/off messages.
- Removed checks and support for Rhino and ancient Mozilla/Firefox platforms.
- Extension: Fixed the toolbar button icon.
- Extension: Removed extraneous dividers on the tools menu.
- Standalone: Fixed handling of file:// URL links in Windows.