Anyway, the window of the unstable build reopens with a different size than what was on the screen when the browser closed. Specifically the vertical size (height) of the window is somehow increased to the point that when the problem occurs, the window is usually so high that the Title Bar and Status bar are not visible - although I have a 27-inch monitor.
It's not the size of the monitor or my hardware, though: The very same thing happens when using the unstable build (with the same profile) on my Lenovo x220 and x200s laptops.
This occurs both when using the Restart function and when the browser is closed with the "x" in the top right corner.
It definitely doesn't happen with a new profile, so it seems to be due to my "strange" customizations.
I have the Customize Title Bar extension installed, as well as a full third-party theme (Red Cats Green Flavor), but the problem occurs even with both of them simultaneously and individually disabled. In fact, it even occurs in Safe Mode!
Another interesting aspect is that as soon as I resize the window manually from any direction (i.e. from either side or using the "resize corner" on the bottom right of the browser window), the window "corrects itself" immediately and everything is visible.
I mentioned the problem briefly in another thread, to which GMforker kindly replied.
I somehow thought it would disappear by itself, but it hasn't.GMforker wrote:This: base/content/browser.xul#L62 remains the same (and generally - I don't see any such change in the code).
Maybe you have something (an extension) overwriting the value "main-window" (width, height...) in "xulstore.json" (in the profile folder) - e.g. using the command "XULStore.setValue...".
I tried different things and I can not confirm it (with the Toolbar Buttons addon - with one random button and several the Flexible Spaces).
For what it's worth, here's the list of my extensions.
July 21, 2018
- Add Bookmark Helper 1.0.3
- Add to Search Bar 2.7.1-signed
- Beef Taco (Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out) 1.3.7
- checkCompatibility 1.3.1-signed.1-signed
- Cleanest Addon Manager 7.1
- CookieShield 0.4.0
- customize_titlebar_v2 0.8
- Downloads Statusbar 15.2.0
- Extension List Dumper 2 1.0.2
- FireFTP 2.0.32 (Disabled)
- Google Privacy 0.2.4.1-signed.1-signed
- Google search link fix 184.108.40.206-signed
- Moon Tester Tool 1.1.6
- NoScript 220.127.116.11
- Open link in... 1.9.1-signed.1-signed
- Pale Moon Commander 2.0.2
- Quick Locale Switcher 18.104.22.168.1-signed.1-signed
- QuickPageZoom 1.6.3
- Rehost Image 1.5.20
- Restart App Button 22.214.171.124-signed
- SaveAsFilename 0.1.1-signed.1-signed
- Screengrab (fix version) 0.99.12
- Site Favicon in Urlbar 48.0.2
- SmoothWheel (mozdev.org) 0.45.8.20130519.3
- Theme Compatibility Provider 1.0.2
- Theme Tweaker 1.0.0
- Toolbar Buttons 1.1.1
- UAControl 0.1.3.1.1-signed.1-signed
- uBlock Origin 126.96.36.199
- uBlock Origin Updater 1.6.3
- User-Agent JS Fixer 1.3.1-signed.1-signed
I'll sincerely appreciate any input anyone might have. Thank you in advance.