Close Buttons Issue

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v28 milestone building on UXP.
stux2000
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Close Buttons Issue

Unread post by stux2000 » 2018-06-12, 21:20

I've encountered a strange rendering issue with the close buttons on inactive tabs on alpha 2 and alpha 4. When the close button is visible, inactive tabs will show a zoomed in and cropped version of the close button. The button returns to normal when the mouse is hovered over it. I originally saw it when testing Tab Utilities and it was also reported as an issue on its github repository here. There is a video example linked to that issue. Notice how the close button is sometimes shown as distorted (it's really a large version of the button cropped down to the original button's size).

I went ahead and tested a brand new, clean portable profile of 28.0.0a4 (I hadn't even installed Tab Utilities) and I still encountered the issue. Also, since inactive tabs did not hide their close button, the distorted button was always displayed (I will attach screenshots a little later, once I figure out how to). So, this looks to be a browser issue and I did not find any open or closed UXP issues that reported this behavior. I wanted to know if anyone can replicate this issue before creating a UXP github issue.

My system configuration is: Windows 7 Pro x64, Pale Moon Portable 28.0.0a4 64-bit. Gittyperson, who reported the original issue was running Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks!

-stux

JustOff

Re: Close Buttons Issue

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-06-12, 21:32

This was already reported here: Close button image.

stux2000
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Close Buttons Issue

Unread post by stux2000 » 2018-06-12, 23:38

JustOff wrote:This was already reported here: Close button image.
Ah, sorry I had completely missed that. Thanks JustOff! And thank you for updating the TUP issue as well!