Unstable version - pdfs

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v28 milestone building on UXP.
Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unstable version - pdfs

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2018-06-03, 03:22

Version: 28.0.0a2 (64-bit) (2018-06-02)
Moon PDF Viewer 1.0.2 doesn't seem to display PDF's, online or local. And when I was trying this out with various pdfs not displaying, for a while I had one tab expand to fill most of the area where tabs are usually shown which was odd.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been...

JustOff

Re: Unstable version - pdfs

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-06-03, 11:45

Moon PDF Viewer is not compatible with Pale Moon UXP yet, but you can try PDF Viewer by IsaacSchemm.

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2018-06-03, 12:47

Thank you, before whenever I looked at this:
http://www.uefi.org/sites/default/files ... Sept29.pdf
I had a warning at the top saying "this document may not be displayed properly" that I had to click to close every time, but with this new pdf viewer I don't get that, so it's looking good after a quick test. :clap:

I still have odd tabs (on Linux), if I open several tabs then close them the left tab expands to fill the space, rather than seeing an increasing blank space on the right of the tabs. But if I drag a tab to the left of the expanded one, then the oversize one continues to expand as further tabs are closed. For example, currently I have dragged this page to the left, it is a normal size tab, and closed a number of other tabs I had open before, the one other open tab filled the remainder of the tab area across the width of the window. So I closed this tab, it briefly left a small gap which then filled, and tabs now seem to work normally again - for now at least. It seems more a visual issue rather than a functional one as tabs still basically work from what I have seen so far.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-06-03, 12:58

vingtzwanzig wrote:I still have odd tabs (on Linux)
I do not quite understand whether this relates to the pdf viewer or the global linux issue. In the first case, I can hardly help you as for now, and in the second, please create a separate topic and provide exact steps to reproduce the problem.
Last edited by JustOff on 2018-06-03, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2018-06-03, 13:02

OK, it is separate to the pdf viewer issue, which is solved.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2018-06-03, 13:03

JustOff wrote:or the global linux issue.
Not a Linux issue. I did not notice any oddity with tab behaviour in my testing.

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2018-06-03, 13:09

The strange tabs seem to have resolved themselves after switching to the new pdf viewer and rebooting, so far at least.
Last edited by Lunokhod on 2018-06-03, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.