Pale Moon v28: thank you!

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v28 milestone building on UXP.
ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Pale Moon v28: thank you!

Unread post by ketmar » 2018-06-02, 17:00

i just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to the whole team. today i built my own PMv28 to see if it is at least not much worser than v27, and can be used without much pain. and guess what? this alpha works way better than many "real releases" out there, it works with all my extensions (after i fixed "top-level let" issue in two written by me), and it feels faster and more responsive than v27. and i didn't even started from a fresh profile!

i expected v28 to be a little more slower and sluggish than v27 (it is a trend in modern software, you know), so i am more than impressed by the excellent work you all did on UXP and new Pale Moon, by making it actually faster and better!

thanks to all people who are not only keeping the project alive, but making it better with each new version (and yes, this includes community too). i actually rarely writing such things in public, but this time i just couldn't keep it to myself. ;-)

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Pale Moon v28: thank you!

Unread post by adesh » 2018-06-03, 12:45

I am also using my own build of Pale Moon 28 on Mac OS and yes, it feels somewhat faster than the release version. But for me, most important change is with the rendering. Context menus and webpages look much more beautiful and pleasing to the eyes. Now, Pale Moon doesn't feel like an outlaw in the Mac world.