Thanks for sticking with GTK+2.

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v28 milestone building on UXP.

Moderator: satrow

BobbyBonsaimind

Thanks for sticking with GTK+2.

Postby BobbyBonsaimind » Thu, 31 May 2018, 08:56

I've just tried the latest unstable build (28.0.0a2) and I'd like to say thanks for sticking with GTK+2.

Thanks for that.

mr tribute
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Thanks for sticking with GTK+2.

Postby mr tribute » Thu, 31 May 2018, 20:53

BobbyBonsaimind wrote:I've just tried the latest unstable build (28.0.0a2) and I'd like to say thanks for sticking with GTK+2.

Thanks for that.

I didn't know. Sounds good indeed. GTK 3.22 is probably the last GTK 3 release anyway. Then it's time for GTK 4... The only thing GTK 3 brings to the table is "pixel doubling", which isn't that useful anyway. It's better with a custom theme and setting a higher font DPI. Unfortunately GTK 3 is the norm these days, but I bet GTK 2 will live just as long. "The big boys" can try to depreciate it, but the truth is that GTK developers have lost common sense.

Maybe GTK 4 is going to be optimized for Wayland so won't be useful for old-school Linux users anyway. Seems fragmentation will increase... If Wayland becomes the norm maybe it's time to go back to Windows and start fighting telemetry again... :crazy:

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Thanks for sticking with GTK+2.

Postby trava90 » Fri, 01 Jun 2018, 01:33

Let's stay on topic and not let this devolve into a GTK2 vs GTK3/4 thread please.

Return to “Pale Moon UXP alpha/beta”