about:config and preferences dialog

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v28 milestone building on UXP.
spacy01

about:config and preferences dialog

Unread post by spacy01 » 2018-06-20, 08:18

Hi! I found some issues in beta version of Pale Moon.

Browser Version: 28.0.0.a4

about:config page is opening only when browser is on English, otherwise (if browser is not on English) returns error, something like:

Code: Select all

Error parsing XML: Unspecified parameter. Line 52 Column 3:
<key key="&focusSearch2.key;" modifiers="accel" oncommand="document.getElementById('textbox').focus();"/>
The other issue is preferences window. He is absolutely unresponsive. The only buttons that work is help and close. Whenever else i click, nothing happen. I try to start in safe mode and with brand new profile, but no luck, the window remain "death"...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: about:config and preferences dialog

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-20, 10:49

Well, I'm not sure what language pack you are using because NO LANGUAGE PACKS EXIST FOR PALE MOON 28 YET!!
It's only available in English at this time. Language packs for previous versions do NOT work, and should also not be installable (unless of course you disabled compatibility checking which is obviously a really bad idea)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

spacy01

Unread post by spacy01 » 2018-06-20, 11:04

Yes, i'm using the last version of language pack for 27.x versions... And i expected there will be problems. I figured it out my self why about:config not opening.

But preferences window don't work for me, regardless if i use some addon, language or not. It's not responsive even i use brand new profile and clear cache.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-20, 11:14

Please open the browser console (Ctrl+shift+J) , clear its contents, and then open the preferences window. Check the browser console for errors and report, please.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

spacy01

Unread post by spacy01 » 2018-06-20, 11:31

I do what you said, but no, no log in browser console when i open preferences window. No errors, nothing. :(

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-06-21, 01:19

The Preferences window works for me, both on macOS 10.12 and Windows 7, for what it's worth.

Obvious question: If there are no errors when you open Preferences, what about when you click the buttons that aren't working?

spacy01

Unread post by spacy01 » 2018-06-21, 03:31

I tried this too. Nope, no erros, no any log at all.