PM 28/UXP Wishlist

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v28 milestone building on UXP.
fillerup

PM 28/UXP Wishlist

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-05-24, 16:16

UXP will be the biggest PM milestone yet in the past 4+ years I've been using this amazing piece of software. I'm very excited for what lies ahead, but also very nervous about the upcoming migration, hopefully it won't be as hard as 27.0.0 was. In addition, I also wish PM would iron out some of its remaining quirks.

- Keeping compatibility with the current XUL addons - should be no worries here
- Settings/configs are retained upon migration to the new version
- Better compatibility with websites, especially performance demanding ones - my old profile cannot even load the starcraft BW website (https://starcraft.com/) without freezing.
- Exterminate odd bugs here and there - I submitted a couple in the last few days

Aside from that, the only thing left i'd want is Microsoft Edge-like smooth scrolling. Had to use it a bit while getting my Windows setup and boy.. PM's scrolling has improved a lot thanks to the updates last year, but next to Edge scrolling smoothness, there's just absolutely no match.

What about you guys?
Last edited by fillerup on 2018-05-24, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PM 28/UXP Wishlist

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-24, 18:35

FTR: https://starcraft.com/ isn't performance-demanding; it uses a specific overlay effect (svg clip paths over very large images) that Goanna 3 is simply not optimized for and as a result get a very large number of invalidations and repaints that indeed can freeze the browser and make scrolling painfully slow. That is just as much poor website design as anything else - and it will likely be very CPU intensive even on mainstream browsers if HWA can't be used.
Goanna 4 will address some of these bottlenecks, so you can strike that off of your wishlist already ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-05-25, 10:32

I am also very excited about PM 28. Can't wait to read the release notes, I always do.
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hujan86 » 2018-05-26, 13:24

If PM 28's HTML5 video playback can be immune from breaking due to changers in Windows, that'd be great.
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber

mrnhmath
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by mrnhmath » 2018-05-28, 01:19

Warning: nitpicking!

I would like to see improved XUL native-theme mimicking capabilities, especially in regard to notebook tabs, spinboxes and drop-down lists.

Image Image Image