Is there a way to limit who can create new issues on my Gitea repos?

Discussions about the development and maturation of the platform code (UXP).
Warning: may contain highly-technical topics.

Moderators: trava90, athenian200

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Is there a way to limit who can create new issues on my Gitea repos?

Unread post by athenian200 » 2023-12-29, 01:33

There are few enough people contributing to Epyrus in particular that I think it would be fine for me to restrict creating new issues to only people I know, and people that request access on the forum.

However, it seems like my only options are to either set my repo to private, or disable the issue tracker entirely. The thing is, I still want people to be able to read the repo, but I don't necessarily want anyone to be able to just register and open an issue on there. It can wind up wasting issue numbers, which are counted as "used up" even if the issue is deleted.

From what I've gathered, though, unfortunately it seems like this is a common feature request that goes unheeded by the Gitea team:

https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/issues/22875

https://forum.gitea.com/t/restrict-user ... ues/3144/2
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Is there a way to limit who can create new issues on my Gitea repos?

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-29, 04:56

I just see that there are "spam attacks" of new tickets for Pale Moon.
Stay well,Guys @Moonchild @athenian200 and Others 🫂

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2023-12-29, 10:50

As far as I know you can regulate this through groups, and give only groups of known people rights to create issues?

As for the spam, they are wasting their time. All it takes is 2 clicks to have their account purged, then 1 minute to clean up all bogus issues in one go (by ticking checkboxes and hitting a delete button). So... it's annoying, yes, but really they should just take their grievances with American politicians elsewhere. They'll get tired of wasting their time soon enough, I'm sure.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Piotr Kostrzewski
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Piotr Kostrzewski » 2023-12-29, 11:50

And there is no filter that would automatically remove content with certain word?
I'm glad it doesn't cause you any major problems.