Unable to build original UXP application

Discussions about the development and maturation of the platform code (UXP).
Warning: may contain highly-technical topics.

Moderators: trava90, athenian200

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unable to build original UXP application

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-11-26, 13:59

Not sure if this is the correct place, but it's not about Pale Moon, Basilisk, Interlink or the others.

I'm trying to build something on top of UXP that is not one of the already existing applications (Pale Moon, Basilisk, Ambassador...), but it fails during the compilation phase.
I copied the setup from Pale Moon and looked at Ambassador's to see what should be changed, but even then it's not progressing. Building Pale Moon works flawlessly.
I really don't know where to look to solve this issue. What files should I make sure are present? Do I need to edit something specific or have an option somewhere?
Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Unable to build original UXP application

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-26, 16:23

Astonishing that you don't understand that none of us can help unless you actually post build log output to know what exactly "doesn't build" and what the error is.
Are we supposed to guess what you've done so far? :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Unable to build original UXP application

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-11-26, 17:26

Actually, yes, because aside from "copy from Pale Moon and change any reference to the name Pale Moon or palemoon to mine" I didn't do much else, so I was really hoping to get answers like "see if you actually changed this file to look like this".
I removed some lines from jar.mn because the files listed in Pale Moon's manifest didn't exists in my directory tree (I created only a single xul file), but that's about it for radical changes.

Also if I use mach show-log it shows nothing (0 bytes reported); I attached a file with the output of mach warnings-list instead.
Attachments
mach-warnings-list.txt
(45.39 KiB) Downloaded 29 times