Making own AUS for organizations/yourself - how I can do that?

Discussions about the development and maturation of the platform code (UXP).
Warning: may contain highly-technical topics.

Moderators: trava90, athenian200

vistafan12

Making own AUS for organizations/yourself - how I can do that?

Unread post by vistafan12 » 2019-05-28, 20:36

Hey,
Do you know how I can change and set up your own browser update server (or AUS) for yourself or for different organizations? If so, can any of you explain how to configure such a server correctly and add it to own browser build?

Thanks.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Making own AUS for organizations/yourself - how I can do that?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-28, 22:17

I do. Why do you want to know?

vistafan12

Unread post by vistafan12 » 2019-05-29, 05:16

Because I created my own version of Basilisk that I use on my other hardware and I wish I don't have to update it manually every time I make another build.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-29, 13:41

Sorry, that isn't compelling enough for me to help you. You can find old Mozilla documentation instead and work out the rest yourself.

I'm not big on supporting selfish and unwise endevors like this that don't further the goals of anyone but yourself.

If you were doing something intresting that would be of benefit to others then maybe but not this.

I suppose this is the real reason you wanted to also run a Phoebus incarnation yourself as well?

vistafan12

Unread post by vistafan12 » 2019-05-29, 15:16

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-05-29, 13:41
I suppose this is the real reason you wanted to also run a Phoebus incarnation yourself as well?
No, It's not. I was just curious about how to get it up and running. Anyway, running Phoebus to use only on its machines does not have the slightest sense. But thanks for the answer.