Request: Add option to duplicate tab in the tab context menu

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

gabrgv
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Request: Add option to duplicate tab in the tab context menu

Unread post by gabrgv » 2023-12-06, 15:41

I know there are other ways of duplicating tabs, like ‘Ctrl + dragging the tab’, or ‘Ctrl + click on reload icon’, but I think it would be good to have a way of doing it without the keyboard too, through an option in the right-click context menu, for instance.

TTraveler
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Request: Add option to duplicate tab in the tab context menu

Unread post by TTraveler » 2023-12-07, 07:41

gabrgv wrote:
2023-12-06, 15:41
I know there are other ways of duplicating tabs, like ‘Ctrl + dragging the tab’, or ‘Ctrl + click on reload icon’, but I think it would be good to have a way of doing it without the keyboard too, through an option in the right-click context menu, for instance.
Install & Use Extension:
Tab Mix Plus v0.5.8.4

If you also want a keyboard shortcut, use:

Options --> Menu --> and create the key sequence you wish for the 'Duplicates the tab' entry under the Shortcuts tab.

Mouse Wheel Click on Image below to see the Extension's menu Image:

Basilisk-Dev
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2023-12-07, 13:51

This is a reasonable request, but it might be a little while before it's done. Open an issue on the repo and link this thread.

https://repo.palemoon.org/Basilisk-Dev/Basilisk/issues
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

gabrgv
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by gabrgv » 2023-12-07, 17:14

TTraveler wrote:
2023-12-07, 07:41
Install & Use Extension
Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll look into it (though it may be a bit of a overkill).
TTraveler wrote:
2023-12-07, 07:41
If you also want a keyboard shortcut
I was able to do this with Dorando keyconfig:

“Add a new key” > (in the “/* CODE */” field:)

Code: Select all

gBrowser.duplicateTab(gBrowser.mCurrentTab);
My shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+T.

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2023-12-09, 00:12

Thank you; have been using DKC for years but never got it exactly how I want it before now. The missing clue was the command-name for filtering only the selected message(s) 'cmd_applyFiltersToSelection' found at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=444209

Code: Select all

/* Epyrus: prefs for Dorando KeyConfig, formatted to show the pref-components - not compatible with pasting into prefs.js                                          */
/* Some entries terminate the command with a semicolon, but some do not; this is okay.                                                                             */

/* <Left-Delete> key on certain model keyboards is actually <Alt+Delete>                                                                                           */
/* Delete command                            is triggered by <Alt +Delete>                                                                                         */
user_pref("extensions.dorandoKeyConfig.main.xxx_key1_UniComp Delete"     , alt              ] [ ] [VK_DELETE] [goDoCommand( 'cmd_delete'                  )] [;] [");

/* Delete command                            is triggered by <Ctrl+Delete>                                                                                         */
user_pref("extensions.dorandoKeyConfig.main.xxx_key1_keyCtrl-D_Del"      , control          ] [D] [         ] [goDoCommand( 'cmd_delete'                  )] [;] [");

/* Swapping the UnRead and Read states       is triggered by <Insert> key                                                                                          */
user_pref("extensions.dorandoKeyConfig.main.xxx_key1_keyIns"             ,                  ] [ ] [VK_INSERT] [goDoCommand( 'cmd_toggleRead'              )] [;] [");

/* the Message Filters window                is opened    by Alt+Ctl     +F                                                                                        */
user_pref("extensions.dorandoKeyConfig.main.xxx_key1_keyMessageFilters"  , alt control      ] [F] [         ] [MsgFilters (                               )] [ ] [");

/* Tools => Run Filters on Folder            is triggered by     Ctl+Shft+F                                                                                        */
user_pref("extensions.dorandoKeyConfig.main.xxx_key1_keyApplyFilters"    , control shift    ] [F] [         ] [goDoCommand( 'cmd_applyFilters'            )] [ ] [");

/* Tools => Run Filters on          Message  is triggered by Alt+Ctl+Shft+F (only      one message is selected)                                                    */
/* Tools => Run Filters on Selected Messages is triggered by Alt+Ctl+Shft+F (more than one message is selected)                                                    */
user_pref("extensions.dorandoKeyConfig.main.xxx_key1_keyMsgApplyFilters" , alt control shift] [F] [         ] [goDoCommand( 'cmd_applyFiltersToSelection' )] [ ] [");

Last edited by Bilbo47 on 2023-12-09, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2023-12-09, 00:21

An Awk script for parsing prefs.js to isolate KeyConfig key-bindings is attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2023-12-09, 06:29

MMC on Reload btn(in Nav-bar) - duplicate active Tab _ without the keyboard_.