Basilisk Feature Updates Will Be Slowed Down Temporarily

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Basilisk-Dev
Lunatic
Lunatic

Basilisk Feature Updates Will Be Slowed Down Temporarily

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2023-11-13, 22:40

As the title says, expect a slowdown in Basilisk feature updates in the near future. In my personal life I've recently started a software consulting business, and within a month I have multiple clients and am currently working 20-40+ hour weeks on top of my full time job while also working on finding more clients for the business. Long term my plan is to hire subcontractors for my business and have maybe one or two core clients that I allocate most of my time into, but for now unfortunately I am super busy.

You can still expect me to make the occasional change here and there, and I will still be compiling new builds when new UXP platform releases come out, but the frequency of code changes in Basilisk itself will be slowing down for now.

To make it clear - I am NOT stopping development of Basilisk at any time in the foreseeable future.

Thanks!
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

nord1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Basilisk Feature Updates Will Be Slowed Down Temporarily

Unread post by nord1 » 2023-11-15, 22:06

Congrats! A paying business with upside potential. Go for it and play with Basilisk whenever you find the time.

Tks.
-N-
Framework, Windows 11 Pro, Basilisk, Panda Dome, MalwareBytesPremium, Scotty is On Patrol