A couple of questions

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Utnapishtim
Fanatic
Fanatic

A couple of questions

Unread post by Utnapishtim » 2023-11-04, 19:06

I have an old Waterfox Classic profile that I used to start up every now and then, but don't really use it anymore since WFC hasn't been updated in ages. Is there a relatively painless way of transferring a profile (history, addons, bookmarks, about:config, Session Manager sessions etc) from WFC to Basilisk? I'm hoping for some way, since they're both based on FF ~52-56. I never was into Australis, my WFC has Classic Theme Restorer, but it seems like an easier idea than turning it into a PM profile, since PM and FF diverged much earlier. Also I think I may have one or two active WebExtensions there (HTTPS Everywhere?), but I'm not sure how to check if they are WE.

You're not Tobin, right? It's a silly question, I don't have any bad opinions about Tobin's software, but I just don't trust running a browser built by someone who made me a death threat in the forum.

Basilisk-Dev
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: A couple of questions

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2023-11-05, 18:34

Utnapishtim wrote:
2023-11-04, 19:06
I have an old Waterfox Classic profile that I used to start up every now and then, but don't really use it anymore since WFC hasn't been updated in ages. Is there a relatively painless way of transferring a profile (history, addons, bookmarks, about:config, Session Manager sessions etc) from WFC to Basilisk?
This link outlines how to move your profile to Basilisk from Waterfox Classic, but please keep in mind that this is not supported in any way. I personally would recommend just rebuilding your profile from scratch but it's up to you.
Utnapishtim wrote:
Also I think I may have one or two active WebExtensions there (HTTPS Everywhere?), but I'm not sure how to check if they are WE.
After you migrate your profile look at your installed list of extensions. If any of them disappear it is because it was a WebExtension.
Utnapishtim wrote:
You're not Tobin, right? It's a silly question, I don't have any bad opinions about Tobin's software, but I just don't trust running a browser built by someone who made me a death threat in the forum.
I'm sure if you look through my post history you will see that I have never once called someone a moron here. That should be enough evidence that I am not Tobin. I understand the question, I'm not touching any software made by him with a 10 foot pole.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

Utnapishtim
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: A couple of questions

Unread post by Utnapishtim » 2023-11-08, 16:09

Thanks, I'll give that a try, and thanks again for being nice about the second question. I appreciate it.