Basilisk up to date?

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Basilisk up to date?

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2023-02-11, 04:48

Why does the "Help"/"About Basilisk" say "Basilisk is update to date" on version 2022.09.28? (there have been 3 releases subsequent to this update (including the "milestone" update)
Basilisk is up to date - uh, no.png
Hmm, just noticed the topic Important: Autoupdates Bug - Basilisk 2022.09.28 posted Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:30 am.

So I guess the problem with this update is not only on Linux but also on Windows (and is still a problem nearly a month later).

The link (above) states (which should apparently not just say "Linux" but also "Windows") quote: "For those of you on Basilisk 2022.09.28 on Linux, please manually update to the latest version. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will do some research to see if there are any changes that can be performed on the autoupdates server to serve updates to people stuck on 2022.09.28 in the future." (edited [by me] to highlight important points)

What was found out after doing "some research"? - there is still no followup in this linked topic (including that the issue is apparently with both "Linux" and "Windows"). :problem:

If a "manual update" is still required (that would appear to be the case) can someone please post the steps to accomplish this? (important question [for me anyway] - should each of the 3 updates that have followed the v2202.9.28 update that I'm on now be done one by one up to the latest v2023.01.26 "Milestone" update?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Basilisk-Dev
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Basilisk up to date?

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2023-02-13, 13:58

If there are no edits to the original post regarding the update issue then there are no updates.

I am only one person and am extremely limited in my time to fix things like this. I have a personal life outside of Basilisk development (children, wife, church, job, etc) and if it gets to the point that users are demanding I drop things in my personal life to fit their needs I will not hesitate to terminate Basilisk development altogether. Although you did not directly demand I fix it that is how I interpreted your post. If you did not mean it in that way I apologize.

Thank you for letting me know that this issue affects Windows as well. I will update the original forum post indicating that it affects Windows too.

You should just be able to run the installer for the latest Basilisk version, or extract the archive for the latest Basilisk version over your previous Basilisk installation. There is no need to bump up one version at a time, going directly to the latest version is fine.

Topic locked.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756