Can not install extensions. Topic is solved

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Otto 6
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Can not install extensions.

Unread post by Otto 6 » 2022-11-07, 16:13

Hello, forum. I'm trying to install Greasemonkey and uBlock but I get this message: "( null ) Could not be installed because Basilisk does not support Webextensions". What is going on here ?

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and the latest version of Basilisk ( 2022.11.04 ).

Basilisk-Dev
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Can not install extensions.

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2022-11-07, 17:03

Otto 6 wrote:
2022-11-07, 16:13
Hello, forum. I'm trying to install Greasemonkey and uBlock but I get this message: "( null ) Could not be installed because Basilisk does not support Webextensions". What is going on here ?
As the message says, Basilisk does not support WebExtensions. Basilisk supports XUL based extensions as previously supported by Firefox before Mozilla forced users to change to the new extensions system.

Extensions can be found on the Basilisk Addons Site and from the Classic Add-ons Archive. The Classic Add-ons Archive link will install an addon into your browser that you can use to search for classic Firefox addons.

The version of Greasemonkey compatible with Basilisk can be found here.

The version of Ublock Origin compatible with Basilisk can be found here.

In addition I would recommend that you install the Palefill extension which will make some incompatible websites work properly in Basilisk.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

Otto 6
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Can not install extensions.

Unread post by Otto 6 » 2022-11-07, 23:43

All set ! Thank you so much. :thumbup: :wave: